Bristol City v Carlisle United
Gillingham v Blackburn Rovers
Hull City v Southend United
Norwich City v Sunderland
Portsmouth v Hereford United
Southampton v Birmingham City
Swansea City v Scunthorpe United

These ties make me feel a lot better about it :icon_bigg

Lets start concentrating on the 3rd round. Should be a walk in the park after all Preston are a small club with a shi7 team.

The 3rd round is when the big Prem teams come into the competition so it would be nice to get Manure or Arsenal at home.

Lets start concentrating on the 3rd round. Should be a walk in the park after all Preston are a small club with a shi7 team.

Your mad, they are a giant, destined to finish way above the little foxes, look at the quality they were able to bring in above ourselves.

We are dooooooooomed.

30 minutes from Blackpool, great draw for me! (We could drop off DJ while were there)

Last edited:
I thought they were saving on the travelling by regionalising the Carling Cup until the 3rd round at least.

They could save on travelling by not having the Carling Cup at all. Or better, they could make the leagues smaller which would allow it to be a weekend competition. But they won't do either. Pointless midweek competitions will continue.

I thought they were saving on the travelling by regionalising the Carling Cup until the 3rd round at least.

The problem with being in the midlands is that you are fairly close to most places. :icon_wink

The problem with being in the midlands is that you are fairly close to most places. :icon_wink

The problem with living in Leicester is that nearly all train and coach companies assume nobody wants to go there after 9pm, despite it the 10th largest city in the UK by population and right in the middle of the country.

Not from just a distance thing but surely to give the Carling Cup a boost, it would be a good idea to regionalise the thing until the later rounds. Possibly as late as quarter-finals thus you'll get local derbies which ensure bigger crowds as in Forest a couple of years ago.

The problem with living in Leicester is that nearly all train and coach companies assume nobody wants to go there after 9pm, despite it the 10th largest city in the UK by population and right in the middle of the country.

There are lots of places you can go for a midweek match and catch the last train home to Leicester, mostly in the south though.

Living in Carlisle it's not possible to get the last train back from any English league club, even the easiest to get back from (Preston), would involve leaving the match around 15 minutes before the end.

On the other hand I could get the last train back from matches at Annan, Queen of the South, Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle.

Too much to ask for a home draw wasn't it?...four away games to pay out for(inc last night) before the next payday :icon_eek: Good job Newcastle can wait til then! the joy of not having to buy my ticket upfront when they go on sale. Just say I'm going and then sort it out nearer the game!

Absolute shite draw, like Beaumount says a home draw would of been much better, won't be able to make this now.

They could save on travelling by not having the Carling Cup at all. Or better, they could make the leagues smaller which would allow it to be a weekend competition. But they won't do either. Pointless midweek competitions will continue.

Hmm, I don't remember it being so pointless in 1964, 1997, or 2000...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669