Carling Cup - 2nd Round Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbro-Fox

Legend
Hmm, I don't remember it being so pointless in 1964, 1997, or 2000...

Agreed, I enjoy the Carling Cup, lets be realistic it is the only competition we have a chance of winning and if we got to the quarters or something then I'm sure we would all love the CC.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Hence Leicester and Tranmere reaching the final.

If you look, the likes of Leeds were fielding strong sides in the competition in the 99-00 season. By my reckoning, City were a mid-table Prem side back then, and Tranmere didn't get there because the big boys didn't bother, they got there on merit. They beat a Middlesbrough first team and a strong Bolton side over two legs to get there.

highland fox

Only just found this out,might go if someone pays for me

Motown Fox

With the Newcastle game the following week I wonder if NP will rest a few players for the PNE game.

After tonights match potentially wiping out our attack -well according to The Mighty String- NP would not want a similar problem facing him in a TV game against Newcastle where he used to be manager (temporary I know) as we could do with picking up another point like tonight.

With the way we attacked in the 1st 60 minutes tonight I'm sure we could do the same at St James' as Newcastle still look a bit shaky in defence and our defence looks good again tonight we were very strong and only undone by a wonder goal.

Harbro-Fox

Legend
With the Newcastle game the following week I wonder if NP will rest a few players for the PNE game.
After tonights match potentially wiping out our attack -well according to The Mighty String- NP would not want a similar problem facing him in a TV game against Newcastle where he used to be manager (temporary I know) as we could do with picking up another point like tonight.

With the way we attacked in the 1st 60 minutes tonight I'm sure we could do the same at St James' as Newcastle still look a bit shaky in defence and our defence looks good again tonight we were very strong and only undone by a wonder goal.

I hope not, Newcastle is just another league game and we have just less than a week to recover from Preston so I think it would be pointless to rest players in a cup we could do quite well in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669