Carlisle v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Leicester V Carlisle

I was there, if I remember correctly Lynex and Lineker both got hattricks.

and if i remember correctly it was Linekers first penalty for the club to complete his hatrick, Lynex was the usual penalty taker but had already completed his hatrick and passed the ball to oh Gary Gary

Stevie should have taken it himself. 18yds was a bit far to trust Gary from

Re: Leicester V Carlisle

and if i remember correctly it was Linekers first penalty for the club to complete his hatrick, Lynex was the usual penalty taker but had already completed his hatrick and passed the ball to oh Gary Gary

I was there too and you are absolutley correct!

Stevie should have taken it himself. 18yds was a bit far to trust Gary from

18 yards?? Were penalties taken from further back in those days then?

my eyesight's not what it was

Arman in the squad, bit of a strange one me thinks.

Dont like all this bollox about Fryatt getting another hat-trick against Carlisle.
Much too cocky for my liking , they should just get on with it and try win the game ffs !!!!!
This type of rubbish usually ends up in a shite performance and a bad result.

9-3 win for us.

Fryatt will get 3 hat tricks in this one, then decide he's bored of just scoring for us, and decides to get a hat trick of own goals too.

Did he really play for leicester? i'm a bloody statto on leicester and have never heard of this cowboy.

The 1961 cup final is before my time but presuming that Jeff is right and he played in a cup final for Leicester he would certainly be no cowboy. That term is better applied to certain members of last seasons squad.

He was in the 1961 FA cup final team.

His inclusion in that Cup Final side caused great controversy in that he was chosen ahead of Ken Leek who had thus far scored in every round. No hint of the reason for the switch was ever disclosed either by the club or by any of the players.

With it raining all night, there is a possibility there will be a lot of games called off today due to duck ponds appearing overnight in the centre circles.

any news of what its like up north?!

With it raining all night, there is a possibility there will be a lot of games called off today due to duck ponds appearing overnight in the centre circles.

any news of what its like up north?!

It's not too bad here, around two miles from the ground. Light drizzle at the moment, and it doesn't look like there was too much rain last night.
The forecast is for it to be dry during the match.

It's not too bad here, around two miles from the ground. Light drizzle at the moment, and it doesn't look like there was too much rain last night.
The forecast is for it to be dry during the match.

It sounds as though most of the rain has been to the east of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669