Match Thread Celtic v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to get a win, even it's a friendly competition on penalties - keep momentum going, we're used to winning

For only the second warm up game played so far, that was pretty feckin' good, even though it was Celtic

Mahrez and Chilwell both excellent today. Standout performers. Overall pretty good showing and makes a nice change for us to win a penalty shootout :)

Excellent goal from Mahrez. Amartey much better in midfield. Musa is rapid.

It was a remarkable effort fitness wise considering it was only their second competitive game.

We're going to be pretty good again this year aren't we!

That was our sixth successful penalty shoot out win and the second away from home. The first one was also in Scotland.

Considering that was the first pre season game most of those have played i think we can be pretty happy.
Musa looks an asset and i can see him on tbe left. Chilwell will be quality in six months. Zieler is a proper goalie, Drinkwater and Mendy will need to cover the Kante roll between them by upping workrate and tackle success. We still look a bit light, with another striker and midfielder needed. Also if we get Keane in it wouldnt be the end of the world for strength in depth, although i thought Hernandez looked as good as, say, Funes Mori from Everton.
If we go in to the market for two relatively big money signings (im thinking £30m total) and hold on to Mahrez then i think we can be pretty confident come the start of the season vs Hull and their 13 fit players. This Luan Viera, the polish kid and/or Robbie Brady wouldnt be bad IMO.

I'm disappointed not to see Benalouane anywhere near the team. This would be a great opportunity to blood him in the team - he seemed half decent whenever I saw him last season. We might not need to then splash out £10m for Keane.

I don't think we'll see Benny nor Inler play for us again. Shame, I think they both look like they could have added something positive to the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669