Chambers Leaves for Donnie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desperate need for full backs now.

Thought him leaving was inevitable though after we signed Gilbert. I wonder if he'd already said he wanted to go, because otherwise I never understood why we signed somebody to play ahead of him anyway.
Don't know why he wasn't used more in his time here.

I hate undisclosed fees... grr.

Last edited:
Chambers was tidy and competent but no more. I hope we can definately replace him either from within or outside.

Hope thats the last one leaving though as we need to keep the experienced heads. Sat was good but there was a lot of very young lads out there.

I think NP likes Luke O'Neill (IANGWOC). :icon_wink

Best of luck to him. I actually consider him one of MA's better signings (I know that's not saying much) but it has never really worked for him here. As everyone else has said, a new fullback would be a welcome addition to the squad.

Isn't it ****ing sad that technically Doncaster is a step up from Leicester right now.

Shows how much faith his agent had in the 'Leicester Revolution' as he had a relegation release clause.

Well, if I owned a club I wouldn't sign anyone who had a relegation release clause in his contract and I'm glad all the tossers who had one have now exercised it and cleared off.

You can imagine a player's mentality last season - six games to go and relegation looking a possibility, also perhaps not entirely happy being at Leicester for whatever reason. He's got a clause in his contract so why should he give a toss? It's sheer madness for clubs to even contemplate signing a player on that basis.

Shows how much faith his agent had in the 'Leicester Revolution' as he had a relegation release clause.

The story on the OS isn't clear, the release clause in his contract may not have been anything to do with relegation.

A lot of players have a clause in their contract which allows them to move if another club offers over a certain amount, so maybe that's what happened.

Didn't Sav play at fullback or wingback in the past?:icon_wink:icon_wink

Well Chambers could well me moving again next season if he has the clause in his contract again as I can see Donny struggling next season

Means Chambers the younger will no longer have to share shirt names and have to have " A CHAMBERS". As they were aware of his clause will they have printed all the 2 types of shirts?

I never thought that Chambers was that good a player anyway. He was very much up and down and I never felt he had many games where he made a significant difference. As he played a lot in midfield as well his passing was never that good and he made mistakes which were punished with goals against us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566