Champions League 2nd legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the greatest games I've seen for a while, it's right up there with Scunthorpe away (0-0) in October 2007 which I still watch every now and then.

One of the greatest games I've seen for a while, it's right up there with Scunthorpe away (0-0) in October 2007 which I still watch every now and then.

What when you want to get to sleep?

Oh by the way Swede good luck in the Prediction Cup semi final thats coming up. Have you put your predictions in as Boc says on the relevant thread that 2 of semi-finalists havent

Last edited:
great game, both keepers looked iffy especially cech, torres was anonymous all through the game, best goals were the alex free kick (talk about a bullet) and lampards 2nd, good thinking from arbeloa (?) for pools 1st, thought drogba was the difference even if he does go to ground a bit too easy

Was fun to watch, but was an utterr shambles in terms of keeping possession, basic defending and basic goalkeeping

Hardly a worthy advert for the English game - Barcelona must be rubbing their hands with glee watching that

Shambles

Oh by the way Swede good luck in the Prediction Cup semi final thats coming up. Have you put your predictions in as Boc says on the relevant thread that 2 of semi-finalists havent
I have now, I missed the first game but I wouldn't have predicted a 4-4 draw anyway so... Still hopeful I will win this.

wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Chelsea dick all over Barca.

Barca choke at times and i think chelsea are capable of taking advantage.

The winner of that semi will win it imo

In violent agreement with that. Lamps was awesome and Essien will take care of Messi.

If JT is fit I can see them beating Barca. As shown by the return of Rio to Man Utd a settled back four will breed confidence through the team. I expect Chelsea to be much tighter in the semi.

Chelsea won the tie in the first leg and were the better team over the two legs,might have been different if Benitez hadn't took Torres off when they were losing,he can get a goal from nothing,but he didn't and Chelsea went through fairly and squarely.Hope Arsenal win it now

Chelsea won the tie in the first leg and were the better team over the two legs,might have been different if Benitez hadn't took Torres off when they were losing,he can get a goal from nothing,but he didn't and Chelsea went through fairly and squarely.Hope Arsenal win it now

I would like Arsenal to win it, however I would also like to see Man Utd with the quint to be honest.

Not been the same since he had that injury IMO,understandable though

I would like Arsenal to win it, however I would also like to see Man Utd with the quint to be honest.

I'd like to see them win feck all tbh but I think they have won the League already and they won the Mickey Mouse Cup too

I want Barcelona to win it.They have the best team and the best player in the world. They deserve to win it.

Where is everone on this debate. I want an english team to win. prefer chelsea out of all. certainly dont want barca to win

Well yeah I used to want the english teams to win it. However it is so evident that England have the best league in the world with 3 of the last 4 teams left in the champions league. Therefore I have just decided I want the team who play the best football to win it and in my opinion that is Barcelona.

i absolutely want Barca to win it. The English domination is boring as hell and the further they get the more money they get, causing the big 4 to move further and further ahead of the chasing pack in the PL. Its already non-competitive and crap as it is i dont want it getting even more so.

Id actually like to see a moderate side win the PL one day as impossible as it seems, or at least get more of a level playing field where smaller or moderate sized clubs can compete.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570