Champions League 2nd legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Barca pissed all over Chelsea and just had one of those where they didn't score. Happens from time to time.

What I like about Barca is the way they used the ball. Beautiful. Pique never hoofed it. 1-2's etc. - how football should be played. Not that comedy fare - Liverpool and Chelsea was. Barca v Arse will be a good final again.

0-0 isn't a bad result for Barca. Chelsea have to win the game whereas Barca have a draw with goals or a win to fall back on.

:038::038::038:
Shame my old hero Puyol is getting older, but Pique looks great. I've always had a soft spot for "playing" centre backs.

Come on Arsenal!! Can't be doing with another Man U v Chelsea borefest - already had two of them recently in the CL and the FA finals.

Come on Arsenal!! Can't be doing with another Man U v Chelsea borefest - already had two of them recently in the CL and the FA finals.

Exactly. I Hope barca get a Score draw at "The Bridge" after they were banging on about what a great result Chelsea got last night.

Come on Arsenal!

Watching this at work, I work later than HF by the way.

Arsenal are doomed. Defensive injuries cost them big time in that they had to play diaby and song and adebayawful up front on his own. Can't see them beating Man U by 2 or holding them out.

Clichy and RVP and maybe Eduardo will strengthen the side but the damage is done now. Chelsea Man U final, which if it is as good as last years I'll be happy with.

I think Aresenal needed a goal,the defeat wasn't a disaster but not scoring an away goal may well prove to be.I can't see Man Utd not scoring at the Emirates

I know this is not right but would anyone be in favour of picking Almunia for England when he qualifies.

With the shite goalkeepers we have would he be a better choice?

I know the ethics are wrong but capello is there to do a job and i personally wouldn't be outraged if he got picked but i know i'm more than likely gonna be THE minority on this.

I know this is not right but would anyone be in favour of picking Almunia for England when he qualifies.

I know the ethics are wrong but capello is there to do a job and i personally wouldn't be outraged if he got picked but i know i'm more than likely gonna be THE minority on this.

I would say no, and it's not because he's spanish it's because he's no better than what we already have.

I wouldn't be happy if it happened. To me it would be an indication that we are weaker than Spain when we have to select players that can't get in to their team. All of the other Home Nations have gone down this route and, in my view, it cheapens the whole international competition idea.

That said we have a foreign manager and, whilst I disagreed with his appointment at the time, I have been impressed with what he has done so far.

Capello though has plenty of pedigree and was one of the top candidates in his field. I don't believe that Almunia is.

Nice one, cheers.

last nights match was man v boys, the gulf between the 2 teams really showed and arsenal need to spend big money next season to have any hope of being in the top 3, i thought man utd played very well especially ronaldo (who im not really a fan of due to his antics), the 3rd goal was just total football, the ref made an absolute howler in sending fletcher off and giving a pen when neither shouldve been given, hopefully he will get it rescinded but i doubt it

Red cards can't be rescinded in Champoins League Semi Finals,only for mistaken identity.The early goals put pay to Arsenal's chances,Arshavin might have made a difference but Arsenal need to get rid off the two big cart horses upfront in Adebayor and Bendtner...just for a start.

Red cards can't be rescinded in Champoins League Semi Finals,only for mistaken identity.The early goals put pay to Arsenal's chances,Arshavin might have made a difference but Arsenal need to get rid off the two big cart horses upfront in Adebayor and Bendtner...just for a start.

aye i agree, arshavin looks quality though as he showed at liverpool the other week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566