Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your kidding me right? Barca (up until the last few weeks) have been on fire, and will probably break the scoring record for the spanish league this season. They have scored 4+ goals on numerous occasions. Madrid in contrast won about 10 games in a row one nil whilst playing poorly hence why they kept up with Barca, who went on a bad run as of late. Plus Messi is the best player in the world right now, and can rip any defence aprt. Write Barca of at your peril my friend, if they reproduce their form for the majority of the season, they will be a match any english side.

It doesn't matter how they perform in their own league. The point is that when they come up against the English they do not produce. Especially when the English team is on a good day.

Inter were supposedly unbeatable last year but liverpool strolled past them.

I'm trying to work out if it's because they are shitter than they once were or that we're better.

Simply put its down to cash. The PL has the most cash to splash and can now attract the best players. When Italy and Spain were in the same boat they dominated.

Platini can come up with all the measures he likes but short of banning English sides from competing they will continue to dominate and Platini and Blatter can continue moaning.

It'll be interesting to see if any side can beat an English one over two legs this year. Doubt it'll happen tonight.

Barca might, might be able to beat Arsenal but I can't see them getting past Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool.

Arsenal are going out tonight.

The year Arsenal reached the final they were shite in the league (just scraped fourth place ahead of tottenham due to food poisoning!).

They are also unbeaten against the other 'big four' teams. Beat Man U (Home) & Chelsea (away) and drew with Liverpool (home).

I wouldn't rule them out.

i know he is coming back from injury but for Wenger to pick Bendtner ahead of Eduardo for tonight is a strange one

It doesn't matter how they perform in their own league. The point is that when they come up against the English they do not produce. Especially when the English team is on a good day.

Inter were supposedly unbeatable last year but liverpool strolled past them.

Sorry but thats just not true. The year they won it they knocked out Chelsea and beat Arsenal in the final.

Hopefully this means Benzema will leave Lyon now and actually prove whether or not hes the real deal in a proper league. Liverpool could do much worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566