Championship 2013-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cellino said he would not be replicating what he said were mistakes made by the club in previous years.

"I've been told since I arrived here the club is a sleeping giant. I found out it wasn't sleeping, it was close to dead. Showbusiness is very important in football, but now is the time to be silent and to work.

Dead is about right

These Leeds stories are following the same path as the Cardiff ones from last season. Let's take the piss out of foreign owners for their peculiar ways. We didn't ridicule the absurd decision-making of Ken Bates in the same way.

What all this stuff at Leeds sounds like is a man trying anything he can to reduce costs/losses and players getting the arse about it and planting exaggerated stories. It seems very sensible to me that when you take over a business, you get the balance sheet right. I think it's good to be supportive of this policy rather than the widespread spunking of football's entire wealth on pampered players.

Whilst I may be frankly staggered at Leeds choice of coach, it is clearly part of an overall strategy to get the club onto a more stable financial footing. It's likely that no better coaches were prepared to stand for the actions the new owner is introducing, but that doesn't mean that they're wrong actions. If the top earners now leave the club and they instead recruit younger, hungrier, but less talented players, they may take a step backwards for a while, but it's a perfectly understandable and logical strategy for long term success.

I wish Cellino well but expect that he'll be beaten by those people whose only interest is taking money from the game.

So what do you make of his effective sacking of Paddy Kenny for having the wrong birthday?

After watching the four year plan I think it only normal to be suspicious of Italian owners and their methods.

Hard to shake the image portrayed in that documentary when it comes to other owners.

So what do you make of his effective sacking of Paddy Kenny for having the wrong birthday?

They want Kenny out and he doesn't want to leave, probably because his contract is so lucrative given it was handed to him by his pal Warnock. Therefore, the club are making up nonsense to push him towards the door.

I wish we'd do similar with the likes of Gallagher now and plenty of others in the past to be honest.

Talking to a Leeds fan it's more because he's 17 stone rather than born on the 17th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566