Change your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck T Masala

I know its still very early days, but has anyone changed how they think with regards to Nigel Pearson and/or his appointment - either way? Good or bad? Positive or negative.

I have to say I was fairly neutral on his appointment, I think it was because I was so fed up with it all I could'nt be bothered.

I have to say the more I hear and see of him the more I like his style and his manner and I am warming to him. He still has to do the job and get results, but my thoughts are more positive than they were and I would be delighted if his approach works.

Re: Change you mind?

Can't really judge him on a win against a piss poor side, plus a win against ten men

All you can say is that there is the appearance, at least, of there being some sort of organisation to the way we are going about things - although the fact we still have no cover at either full back position waters this down a fair bit

Could all be smoke and mirrors, though - ten league games is a fair point to make any judgement

Way too early to judge him either way IMO

Too early to judge but promising, balance of team(IH kept going on abou it but did nothing) is much improved and will stay that way.

Negative to positive.

Everything seems more positive this season. Even the players. Yes they are saying the same things as last season but their body language seems to suggest they beleive what they are saying now.

i didnt feel much at all when he was appointed, and its still very early in his tenure here, but i like NP. he is cool as cucumber, signed some good players and will hopefully keep developing players like king, gradel, morrison etc, who i am chuffed to see in the team. at the moment he is having them play fairly nice football and passing the ball around, but i'll judge pearson when the going gets tough and we have to adapt our game because we surely can't go the whole season playing nice footy on the deck. i'd say i've gone from neutral to liking the fella

Its early days to be judging the on the field effect NP has had on the team, but i feel it all seems to be under control.

There seems to be a massive change of atmosphere around the whole club which is amazing considering we just fell in to League 1. I dont know how much this has got to do with NP, but he is certainly a factor.

All in all things look better than they have done for many years and i tip my hat to all involved.

Didn't really have much of an opinion on him at the time, and can't say I really do now.

I like what he's done so far, the balance of the starting XI has seemed good, but really it's far too early to tell. So far he's done all that could be asked of him, having won both games... but let's not forget that these were against 2 of the teams promoted into the division this season.

Ask again in a few weeks and I might have more of an opinion ;)

I was too shell shocked by the rapid turn around in managers to have great feelings either way about Pearson when he was appointed. Now, it is apparent that the transfer activity was more focused than it was last season and he seems to have things moving in the right direction.
Perhaps more important than a good manager, he seems to be a lucky one: on Saturday, when MK Dons were getting back into the game, we break away and get a second and on Tuesday, his much changed team looked to be heading for a spanking until Stockport kindly had a player sent off.
Saturday looks to be a good test as to whether this was just beginners luck, or skill. Going to Stockport without a recognized left back could be fool hardy but, a result and I think we can start to dream .......

Can't really judge him on a win against a piss poor side, plus a win against ten men

All you can say is that there is the appearance, at least, of there being some sort of organisation to the way we are going about things - although the fact we still have no cover at either full back position waters this down a fair bit

Could all be smoke and mirrors, though - ten league games is a fair point to make any judgement

Most certainly Homer, agreed.

Will be interesting however if the wheels come off. It seems he's a decent man-motivator.

Last edited:

Negitive is now slowly turning into positive, he has done the right things on the pitch and off, he got rid of the deadwood and the things dragging this team down, he got rid of players like hume, stearman and mcAucley, the team seems to have forgotten them already has they are playing better football.

He has brought in younger players with more hunger, it is a gamble he took but it seems to be paying off till now, there is more in this team to show, the team is playing with passion and he will still bring out the best in some of the players i.e Fryatt,

Althought its only been 2 games i can see a big improvement compare to the whole of last season, i have actually smiled when leicester play and i am confident of their football and that they are actually playing for 3 points.

Thanks folks. Agreed its too early to judge on results and performances but I sense a better atmosphere and a more positive attitude about the team and the club. It seems he takes the job seriously and plans and prepares for things.

Was underwhelmed when he was appointed but I'm also beginning to like him, altho it is still very early. The most positive thing is that there was some sense to the transfer policy this summer, I'm amazed we kept hold of as many players from last year as we did, and he has brought in lots of younger players. Massive change from the 'buy anything that moves' policy of last season.

If he sees out August that's already an improvement on last season.

I was delighted with his assignment. To snatch a proven winner from under the noses of premiership teams was a mighty coup...but his failure to seal the Rivaldo deal has turned this dream into the darkest nightmare. I rue the day this man set foot on Milan's shagpile carpet. I have evil intentions and will not stop until this man has been stopped.

Like many have said it's too early to tell, but I've gone from seething with anger at his appointment to thinking he might be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669