Change your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Change you mind?

Ollie was funny. He writes books. What do people want? Blood?

And he is a tv star now:icon_wink

Regarding NP, i was disappointed when he came to Leicester.
Like all new managers you have to give them a chance though.
So far so good, but how we respond to the first setbacks will determine whether he has a future here. The tolerance of failure in this league is way smaller than in the championship. Anything less than the play-offs will be an abject failure imo.

Only 2 games in, how can you judge someone to be a good o bad manager in that time. See how the tide will turn with our first few defeats.

i was unwhelmed when he first came but the players we have brought in and the first 2 games have been positive, but still to early to start praising him as the next MON

Can't say I was massively impressed when he was appointed but after speaking to a sensible Wednesday fan I was encouraged. I don't think we can judge anything on those 2 games but the loan signings from Arsenal and Liverpool speak volumes about NP and his backroom staff. Does anyone think Holloway or Allen would have been given a chance with those players?

Last edited:
The thing I do like about him is the no-nonsense calm he seems to bring to the club, alongside signings like Dyer, Morrison, Adams and Tunchev all of whom look good to me. He has steadied a ship which looked horrendously off course at the end of Ollie's tenure, and settled City down. Players like Oakley, Howard, DJ and Mattock are still here (for better of for worse is to be decided) whilst the likes of King, Gradel and Porter will be given chances to prove their worth.
To be fair, I think he has made an excellent start - but as BG and a few of you have said, one cannot judge the manager until he has had to manage more than just wins....

one cannot judge the manager until he has had to manage more than just wins....
Unless of course he wins every game, in which case I think you could suggest he's been a success.

Pearson - Legend !! No, he's not yet but he has done a brilliant job. I wasn't sure when he was appointed but he has won me over now!

I was disappointed that Ian Holloway was sacked since I felt that the blame for relegation lay with Martin Allen and I wanted to see Ollie have a pre-season to bring in the ideas in his book.
I have changed my mind. Whether or not it was his fault as the man at the helm when we went down he was always going to be a divisive figure. Luckily Holloway's replacement has been first-rate.
There are three things I like about Nigel.
(1) The players he has brought in. It is bit just the difference between Nigels close season signings and the rubbish bvrought in by Martin Allen. The remarkable thing has been the way we have reacted to injuries - Gilbert is injured we brinbg in Edworthy, Mattock is injured and we bring in Powell and Berner, we lose a good goalkeer and another one is immediately brought in. I realise this is largely down to Steve Walsh and his little book but Walsh was of course Nigels pick.
(2) The way that Nigel inherited a mess and turned it into a team. This was something Ian Holloway for whatever reason was unable to do. The fact that Gilbert and Cleverley came back for the Leeds game says a lot.
(3) Leicester have received some blows as always happens in a season and make no mistake the injury to Tunchev was a major blow. Nigel's philosophy was always "We get on with it" or "We deal with it."
Well done to Nigel Pearson and his staff.
Well done to Milan for picking him.
Now let us aim for the Premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673