Changes tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stearman, Moore, Wilcox

Possibly Blake

Hopefully Dawson

"Quite a few people let themselves down on Saturday and that will be apparent in the team selection. There will be new faces in the starting line up."

MDV must be at the top of the list then! But by new faces does he mean new never seen before or new to the last squad?? Either way, whoever plays, sing your fecking hearts out tonight we need the points.
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

He says Hughes will definatley play.

I cant see him adding Dawson at the expense of Williams and hope he doesnt play Hughes out wide. MDV is bound to start, so only leaves Connolly to be dropped.

I'd imagine Stewart will play and hopefully Stearman.

Can't see MDV starting tonight.

If De Lump starts tonight, he risks the guy being booed as the team is read out. Sad, but true

Dion/Blake/Moore up front with Connolly

Williams was cack on saturday, so he's not guaranteed a starting place tonight

He seems intent on playing MDV though, in some atempt for him to ride out his bad form. I agree, there is a chance he will be booed tonight, which is shocking really.

DurhamFox said:
good, good, shit

shit

good

You alright Durham...It would seem that you have developed a rare strain of message board torrets! ;-)

SilverFox said:
DurhamFox said:
good, good, shit

shit

good

You alright Durham...It would seem that you have developed a rare strain of message board torrets! ;-)

He's just talking us through his toilet habits.

I'd consider playing Connolly behind the front two tonight...he scored 15 goals for West Ham from that position last year...It might be just the tonic

--------------------Walker----------------------
Maybury----McCarthy--Dabizas----Stearman
--------------------Dawson---------------------
-----Hughes--------------------Gillespie-------
-------------------Connolly---------------------
------------Dublin----------Moore--------------

Its a bit weird and wonderful...4-4-2 is probably safest though because the players apparently 'know' that system! Not on recent evidence though!

SilverFox said:
I'd consider playing Connolly behind the front two tonight...he scored 15 goals for West Ham from that position last year...It might be just the tonic

Its a bit weird and wonderful...4-4-2 is probably safest though because the players apparently 'know' that system! Not on recent evidence though!

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038

I have long campaigned for the 4-3-1-2 formation to be used and finally, finally some one has agreed with me! SilverFox - nice one mate.

4-3-1-2

(homer :smt109 )

Joe_Fox said:
SilverFox said:

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038

I have long campaigned for the 4-3-1-2 formation to be used and finally, finally some one has agreed with me! SilverFox - nice one mate.

4-3-1-2

(homer :smt109 )[/quote]

:D :D :D

SilverFox said:

Midfield looks weak and unbalanced

Gillespie can do a job on the right...as he has done since Levein came in...I would have put Tiatto on the left but he had an absolute mare on Saturday and doesn't deserve a place tonight. I don't know. Pehaps Stewart could play on the Left and do a better job than hughes. Dawson is a ball winner and does all the simple things well...though knowing Levein we may get Gemmill instead! :eek: And finally Connolly likes droping into the midfield, and scored 15 goals from that position last year...looks alright to me!

I can see where you are coming from Silve but I dont the personnel. With that system your 'wdie players' are in reality very narrow due to the lack of a second genuine central midfielder. Gillespie for me cant play that role, Hughes is ideal for the left but Williams would be better suited to the right side IMO. That would give us better balance IMO. I would also prefer Gudjonsson in the Defensive role to Dawson but thats just personal prefernce.

DurhamFox said:
I can see where you are coming from Silve but I dont the personnel. With that system your 'wdie players' are in reality very narrow due to the lack of a second genuine central midfielder. Gillespie for me cant play that role, Hughes is ideal for the left but Williams would be better suited to the right side IMO. That would give us better balance IMO. I would also prefer Gudjonsson in the Defensive role to Dawson but thats just personal prefernce.

:smt018 :smt018 :smt018 :smt018 :smt018 :smt018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670