Changing the Time (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

From Gradel to Grave

I'd be grateful for anyone's advice. Well not anyone... :icon_wink

I use aol's online e-mail and the time's logged for receipt and sending of e-mails are four hours out. I can't see anywhere I can do anything about this.

Any thoughts?

Move 4 hour west/east as appropriate?

I'd be grateful for anyone's advice. Well not anyone... :icon_wink

I use aol's online e-mail and the time's logged for receipt and sending of e-mails are four hours out. I can't see anywhere I can do anything about this.

Any thoughts?

Where abouts in the world are you and is the time stamp 4 hours in front or back?

Where abouts in the world are you and is the time stamp 4 hours in front or back?

Sorted :038: the time zone comments made me look further. The aol settings were right (was set to London) but I found my PC at work was set -8 hours not +4 as I said. When I noticed the time was wrong on my computer I must have just re-set the time without realising the time zone was out.

The aol must have adjusted it for the wrong time zone information it was getting and it's working fine now.

Thanks OG and Macky. :038:

The Time and Date are wrong everyday now when I turn on this Computer.I have to adjust them each day,personally I think the Computer is on the way out

The time not being right isn't an indication that there's a major problem with the computer, it just means the battery powering the internal clock isn't working.

There are major problems with this Computer.AOL will not work properly,keep getting allsorts of Warnings,The Screen freezes for no reason.Fortunately its the Work one and seeing as I won't be here much longer its not important

There are major problems with this Computer.AOL will not work properly,keep getting allsorts of Warnings,The Screen freezes for no reason.Fortunately its the Work one and seeing as I won't be here much longer its not important

Stuff like that can be caused by software, it's not necessarily a hardware problem. Usually when a PC is a couple of years old I wipe the hard drive and reinstall everything from scratch, it can make a huge difference to performance. Not something I'd want to talk you through doing though!

Do you have anti-virus, anti-spyware etc installed and up to date?

Stuff like that can be caused by software, it's not necessarily a hardware problem. Usually when a PC is a couple of years old I wipe the hard drive and reinstall everything from scratch, it can make a huge difference to performance. Not something I'd want to talk you through doing though!

Do you have anti-virus, anti-spyware etc installed and up to date?

My stepdaughter was on about wiping the Computer had reinstalling everything but apparentlyn she needs a 'Recovery' Disc and her Mum appears to have mislaid it.
I don't know what you mean..Computer Whizz me.I believe we have Norton Anti Virus thingy

My stepdaughter was on about wiping the Computer had reinstalling everything but apparentlyn she needs a 'Recovery' Disc and her Mum appears to have mislaid it.
I don't know what you mean..Computer Whizz me.I believe we have Norton Anti Virus thingy

It might not be much help to you, but if she's more PC savvy, some PC's and laptops come with the recovery data installed on a seperate partition, maybe labelled as a D drive. Worth her checking.

It might not be much help to you, but if she's more PC savvy, some PC's and laptops come with the recovery data installed on a seperate partition, maybe labelled as a D drive. Worth her checking.

She's quite up to date with Computers and says she needs the Recovery Disc.This Computer has never been the same since it got wet when upstairs was flooded

which operating system you using Hf ,if its XP restart the PC and keep pressing R to put it in recovery mode .

mite help and you don't need the disk.

What key you have to keep pressing depends on the make of your PC. It's more usually a function key.

But I do agree that you often don't need the disk - but remember that the primary problem is that the battery on the motherboard has expired and needs replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566