Post Match Charlton 2 :1 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Analysed all the recorded games I have with us under sven and pearson.

We have slowly lost ability to keep possession since losing sven, in the early pearson games it wasnt so evident but its clear its something not worked on well in training as over time its gone away, that leaves direct football, and for whatever reason thats not very good under pearson either so in short our ability to do much with the ball is bad, this ties in with that creative midfielders and strikers at this club underperform which I keep putting down to bad coaching and I will keep putting it down to bad coaching. Defensive we should be a rock but since pearson's first spell at our club he cant get it right the 2nd time round. If he did get it right then maybe the other problems we could get away with and sneaking 1-0 wins.

Why are we comparing the current side to Sven's time here? Time has moved on, opposition has changed, players have left. Totally pointless when so many things have changed.

That said I question Pearson dropping our best header of the ball against a team good at set pieces.

Last edited:
And my answer to your answer - we support Leicester City. Not Barnsley. Too many of our fans seem content that we've become a Championship club. I was brought up to think of us as a average to poor top league side or a very strong second tier one. This is our eleventh successive season (a club record) outside the top flight and no previous generation of fans, players, staff or owners would have been as apathetic about this terrible stat.

Sorry to be rude but how old are you?

At 25 years old, in my early years I saw City in the playoffs where a bit of luck saw us lose a couple and win a couple. We went through a period of overachieving reaching success we never managed under our most attractive years under Bloomfield. And now we are roughly back to where we were when I first starting supporting us. After some very average years slumming it in lower reaches of the second tier and a season in the third, we are now back in the playoffs occasionally. Rather remarkable that the cycle has come back around.

I believe our average finishing placing in the pyramid over the course of our history is 23rd.

Sorry to be rude but how old are you?

At 25 years old, in my early years I saw City in the playoffs where a bit of luck saw us lose a couple and win a couple. We went through a period of overachieving reaching success we never managed under our most attractive years under Bloomfield. And now we are roughly back to where we were when I first starting supporting us. After some very average years slumming it in lower reaches of the second tier and a season in the third, we are now back in the playoffs occasionally. Rather remarkable that the cycle has come back around.

I believe our average finishing placing in the pyramid over the course of our history is 23rd.

999 emergency services... I'm going to need the BURN ward! (I'm aware, of course, you can't reach the burn ward on that number)

Last edited:
Disappointing result but one that was certainly on the horizon as we have been riding our luck so far.

Didn't get to listen to the game but judging from the comments it seems the system didn't seem to work again. Certainly seems we aren't particularly penetrating or dangerous when we aren't playing with natural wide players though hopefully Pearson can work on this in training for the next couple of weeks if we are to persist with 3 central midfielders and 3 natural strikers.

Most gutting thing about the result though is not being able to get signal to put a 10er on Kermit to score as at least a bit of money would have masked the defeat.

Disappointing result but one that was certainly on the horizon as we have been riding our luck so far.

Didn't get to listen to the game but judging from the comments it seems the system didn't seem to work again. Certainly seems we aren't particularly penetrating or dangerous when we aren't playing with natural wide players though hopefully Pearson can work on this in training for the next couple of weeks if we are to persist with 3 central midfielders and 3 natural strikers.

Most gutting thing about the result though is not being able to get signal to put a 10er on Kermit to score as at least a bit of money would have masked the defeat.

Do we have any players that can play wider that De Laet, Schlupp, Dyer and Knockeart do that would still be inside the touchline?

Well having just come back from a 10 day holiday, where I could check results but obviously have no idea on performances, I'm happy and pleasantly surprised with our start to the season!

I swear Kermogant and Morrison have both had a habit of scoring against us for Charlton.

Shame the loss comes before the international break (bloody international breaks!), but in a way it's a good thing; gives the squad time to focus on what went wrong and put it right.

I don't know the circumstances of it, but Matty James getting sent off for dissent is an idiot. Whatever the situation, if you're on a booking, don't put yourself in that position to give the ref that option!

Feck, didn't even realise it was a 'boring uncompetitive football break'

Just watched the highlights.

2 thoughts:

- The second goal should never have stood. Kasper was mugged.
- Our defending from set pieces is very worrying.

2 thoughts:

- The second goal should never have stood. Kasper was mugged.- Our defending from set pieces is very worrying.

Just watched it, Kasper ran into their man. He was about 1 - 2 yards away.
Player doesn't have to move if a keeper runs at him.
Shocking defending for both, also, how the hell did the ref give a corner following the Kasper save and follow up header?

2 thoughts:

- The second goal should never have stood. Kasper was mugged.
- Our defending from set pieces is very worrying .

I assume this is the first match you have watched us in for the passt 2 seasons?

Last edited:
We don't seem to actually realise that set pieces are part of the game, both defensively and offensively, at times it looks like we don't even give them a thought in training.

We don't seem to actually realise that set pieces are part of the game, both defensively and offensively, at times it looks like we don't even give them a thought in training.

It's starting to be like the old days when Levein said something along the lines of not having a clue about defending set pieces as they don't in Scotland. Surely NP has some experience of set pieces though?

Nobody seems to have mentioned Matty James. For a player to get himself sent off for dissent is inexcusable. Matty James is not a seven year old and should be able to control his temper.

Mike McCarthy re-tweeted "Matty James's second yellow wasn't for foul/abusive language but for running towards the ref in an aggressive/threatening manner"

Is this a first? Is it true?

Mike McCarthy re-tweeted "Matty James's second yellow wasn't for foul/abusive language but for running towards the ref in an aggressive/threatening manner"

Is this a first? Is it true?

I'm not sure who Mike McCarthy is, but if he knew anything about the Laws of the Game he would know that it was not even possible for the second yellow to be for foul/abusive language; that would have resulted in an immediate red card. There is no specific offence of 'running towards the ref in an aggressive/threatening manner' but if the referee interprets such behaviour as 'showing a lack of respect for the game' or as 'dissent by action', he is quite right to issue a yellow card. I very much doubt that the ref has said that the card was for running towards him in an aggressive or threatening manner.

Nobody seems to have mentioned Matty James. For a player to get himself sent off for dissent is inexcusable. Matty James is not a seven year old and should be able to control his temper.

It seems that Matty James was not sent off for dissent after all and I have made a fool of myself - not for the first time. This is a useful reminder that I should avoid commenting on matches I have not seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669