Post Match Charlton 2 :1 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that we all tend to use whatever evidence exists to support our personal view.

So last season, at this point, many were arguing that our start was false because we were playing well and the results would come. This season, the corresponding argument is opposite but some of the same people are espousing it. The performances have been poor but we've started with 'promotion' results so what's the problem?

If, like me, your glass is pretty much always half empty when it comes to City under NP, you can look at performances and/or results and draw quite different conclusions, equally reasonably (or unreasonably).

There is no right or wrong answer because nobody knows for sure whether we'd be better or worse with a different manager. It's all opinion. What gets me sometimes is the assertion that we should simply support because that's what our role is. Criticism is seen as inherently wrong or somehow a depiction of being a less legitimate City fan.

For example, in our last game at home, the team were partially applauded and partially booed off at half time. The first half performance was interpreted completely differently by many at the game. There is simply no consensus amongst fans right now. There are good reasons why NP is still in his job but also good reasons why he's one the favourites to be sacked.

Answering your question directly, I'm a results over performance person in all circumstances and I've never really understood anyone that isn't. But to expect consistency in results and performances with our current set up is likely to leave you disappointed.

My answer - We support Leicester City. Not Man Utd. Too many fans are deluded and expect too much (not unique to LCFC though).

Arsenal fans are unhappy because they play pretty football but don't win trophies. Chelsea fans in Mourinho's first spell were happy they won trophies but many didn't like the brand of football and attendances struggled to the point that Abramovich sacked him.

Football fans are in general unrealistic in the expectations of their clubs. Having said that, the money being paid the players probably doesn't help in that people expect them to suddenly be better than they are.

As you say BN, there is no right answer in the end.

My answer - We support Leicester City. Not Man Utd. Too many fans are deluded and expect too much (not unique to LCFC though).

And my answer to your answer - we support Leicester City. Not Barnsley. Too many of our fans seem content that we've become a Championship club. I was brought up to think of us as a average to poor top league side or a very strong second tier one. This is our eleventh successive season (a club record) outside the top flight and no previous generation of fans, players, staff or owners would have been as apathetic about this terrible stat.

And my answer to your answer - we support Leicester City. Not Barnsley. Too many of our fans seem content that we've become a Championship club. I was brought up to think of us as a average to poor top league side or a very strong second tier one. This is our eleventh successive season (a club record) outside the top flight and no previous generation of fans, players, staff or owners would have been as apathetic about this terrible stat.

I think I'm a bit apathetic about football generally to be fair, not just LCFC. It's a very different game (and club) to when I started going, and I'd imagine even more so for you.

I think I'm a bit apathetic about football generally to be fair, not just LCFC. It's a very different game (and club) to when I started going, and I'd imagine even more so for you.

Life was in black and white when he were a lad and t'was all trees.

It is for Leicester City.

The Club as presently constituted has never been higher than the second tier so there has been no "previous generation of fans, players, staff or owners" (apathetic or otherwise).

Check!

Life was in black and white when he were a lad

It weren't even in black and white. If you didn't catch the results on Sports Report on the wireless, you had to wait for the Sports Gazette to be delivered to Howe's at the top of the road.

Nobody seems to have mentioned Matty James. For a player to get himself sent off for dissent is inexcusable. Matty James is not a seven year old and should be able to control his temper.

Nobody seems to have mentioned Matty James. For a player to get himself sent off for dissent is inexcusable. Matty James is not a seven year old and should be able to control his temper.
I think it was commented in the match thread. Totally agreed though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669