Charlton - Sat 22nd September 2007 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off 3pm

Tickets

We have been allocated 1630 tickets for this fixture.

£20 Adults
£15 Over 60's /Under 21's
£10 Under 18's.

Tickets will go on sale as follows;

Monday 10th Sept - STH Priority 1

Tuesday 11th Sept - STH Priority 2

Wednesday 12th Sept - STH Priority 3

Thursday 13th September - Members

Friday 14th September - General Sale

Fox Travel

Fox Travel coaches will depart at 9.00am.

£15.00 Adults
£14.00 Adult STH
£13.00 Concessions
£12 Concession STH

Directions & Parking

Approx 143 miles - 2hours 30mins

M1 > M25 (clockwise) > Over Dartford Crossing > Leave at J2 on to A2

When the A2 becomes the A102(M), take the A206 towards Woolwich and you will come to the ground on your right.

Extremely limited at the ground, due to resident parking permits in place. Parking is available on Eastmoor Street and Westmoor street. See map here

Trains

All of the really cheap singles have now gone. The chepest available tickets are £13 going (11am) and £16 coming back (6.30pm & 6.55pm)

Once you have arrived in London, you will need to head for Kings Cross Thameslink, where you will need to get a train to London Bridge. From London Bridge there is a direct train to Charlton. The travelling across London should take about an hour. The return fare is £6.70

However if you are travelling in a group of 3 or 4, then it is possible to GroupSave on this journey. If you can travel in a group of 4, it will only cost £19.75 each (£26.33 for a group of 3), this also includes your travelling across London. The only stipulation with this is, you must be on the train that calls at Market Harborough and Bedford in each direction (You do not need to get off at these stops). The tickets required are CDR Leicester > Market Harborough, CDR Market Harborough > Bedford and Off Peak Rail Card Bedford > London. Please PM me if you want any further help on this.

Pubs

The Antigallican or The Rose of Denmark seem to be a popular choice for visiting supporters. As you leave Charlton station, turn left on to Charlton Church Lane, The Antigallican is on your right hand side. If you fancy The Rose of Denmark instead, walk straight past The Antigallican to the t junction with Woolwich Road, turn left and The Rose of Denmark is on your left hand side.

Once you have arrived in London, you will need to head for Kings Cross Thameslink, where you will need to get a train to London Bridge. From London Bridge there is a direct train to Charlton. The travelling across London should take about an hour. The return fare is £6.70

I'm not sure where you got this fare from. Cheap Day Return fares (and some others) for journeys wholly within the London Fares Zone area (zones 1-6) are now priced zonally even on National Rail services (though not at the same rate as for Underground journeys). Kings Cross TL is in Z1; Charlton is in Z3: a Day Return ticket for a journey from Z1 - Z3 costs only £3.60. See
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/LondonZonalFares.html for information about Zonal fares.

If you also want to visit other places whilst you are down in London, you could buy a Z1-4 off-peak TravelCard for £5.70. This would also you allow you to travel on tubes and National Rail services on theose Zones and on on buses throughout London. This would enable you to travel from StP into the West End and then by tube to Charing Cross/London Bridge for the SouthEastern service to Charlton, for example.

Please note that PrePay Oyster is NOT valid to Charlton.

Last edited:
Last time i went charlton was in the cup, was a cracking away game.

The Antigallican was rammed, was a good atmosphere as well.

anyone who is driving a handy place to park although limited is along Riverside (see the map supplied by Nottingham fox) there is also a good but small pub (Anchor and Hope i think) on this road where you can sit outside overlooking the thames if the weather is ok

anyone who is driving a handy place to park although limited is along Riverside (see the map supplied by Nottingham fox) there is also a good but small pub (Anchor and Hope i think) on this road where you can sit outside overlooking the thames if the weather is ok

I've been to that pub a couple of times before (I think it's one also used by the London branch), it can get very crowded, but as you said you cn sit outside.
The road leading to it (Anchor and Hope Lane) is a good place to park but you'll need to get there early to get a space. You'll miss the post match queues by parking there.

I've been to that pub a couple of times before (I think it's one also used by the London branch), it can get very crowded, but as you said you cn sit outside.
The road leading to it (Anchor and Hope Lane) is a good place to park but you'll need to get there early to get a space. You'll miss the post match queues by parking there.

It is indeed the one used by the London Branch. As well as the street-parking in the area, there are also a few industrial units along there where you can park free or fairly cheaply. And as Jeff says it is much easier to get away after the match if you are the river-side of the traffic lights on the main road.

Im only 14 and i am going on the train how much will i have to pay to get there? Also im travelling from market harborough

Im only 14 and i am going on the train how much will i have to pay to get there? Also im travelling from market harborough

A child-rate off-peak One Day TravelCard from Market Harborough costs £17.00. You can buy it at the time of travel and will cover the whole of your journey to and from Charlton.

I think that is quite a good deal but I will check to see if there is a combination of tickets that will be cheaper and get back to you.

A child-rate off-peak One Day TravelCard from Market Harborough costs £17.00. You can buy it at the time of travel and will cover the whole of your journey to and from Charlton.

I think that is quite a good deal but I will check to see if there is a combination of tickets that will be cheaper and get back to you.

Thanks alot where did you get this information or did you just know it? Thanks again

Nottingham is disgusted with me. He has contacted by MSN to tell me that you will save 60p by splitting the ticket at Bedford. You will be able to get both tickets from the ticket office at Market Harborough but you must travel in both directions on trains which stop at Bedford (no problem there - I think all the trains that stop at Harborough also stop at Bedford).

The tickets you need to ask for are:

• a Cheap Day Retuirn to Bedford -£6.40
  • an off-peak One Day TravelCard from Bedford - £10

Thanks alot where did you get this information or did you just know it? Thanks again

I have access to an online fares manual but the same information is available from the National Rail site or from the sites of any of the Train Operating Companies.

A change to the watering hole of choice for the London Branch, as the riverside pub doesn't do real ale. We are now going to The Prince Albert(Roses), 49 Hare Street, SE18 6NE. Turn left out of Woolwich Arsenal station, then it's on the right. More info at www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/34/3424/Prince_Albert_Roses_/Woolwich. BTW, it is now open again after a refurb.

I've been to that pub - those directions may be a bit simplistic. I seem to recall it's about ¼ mile away from the station and I would advise people to ahve a good look at the map before going there. It's about a 35 minute walk from there to the ground.

I hope "refurb" doesn't mean that they have changed the character of the place.

I've been to that pub - those directions may be a bit simplistic. I seem to recall it's about ¼ mile away from the station and I would advise people to ahve a good look at the map before going there. It's about a 35 minute walk from there to the ground.

I hope "refurb" doesn't mean that they have changed the character of the place.

if you went from Charlton wouldn't it be turn left and you are there after a brisk 30minutes walk? directions to that pub at QPR was much more confusing

if you went from Charlton wouldn't it be turn left and you are there after a brisk 30minutes walk? directions to that pub at QPR was much more confusing

From Charlton station, it would be left, down to the traffic lights, turn right at the lights and after a 30 minute walk you would be quite near to it.

Last edited:
There is another pub which is just for away fans.

Turn out of the station left onto Charlton Church Lane then you will see the Antigallican pub down on the right hand corner.

There is another pub which is just for away fans.

Turn out of the station left onto Charlton Church Lane then you will see the Antigallican pub down on the right hand corner.

Really :icon_conf

Nottingham Fox in Post #1 said:
Pubs

The Antigallican or The Rose of Denmark seem to be a popular choice for visiting supporters. As you leave Charlton station, turn left on to Charlton Church Lane, The Antigallican is on your right hand side. If you fancy The Rose of Denmark instead, walk straight past The Antigallican to the t junction with Woolwich Road, turn left and The Rose of Denmark is on your left hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566