Cheap all inclusive hotels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedeFox

Never tried all inclusive but would like to see what it's like. I'll do all the cultural stuff when I'm in Vienna or Florence, this week I just want to spend drinking, eating and sunbathing.

Anyone know what sites/portals I should be looking at? Destination, length of stay and time for departure flexible.

Hotel only as I'm not in the UK at the moment.

I know Notts Fox found really cheap deals a few years back.

I went all inclusive in Turkey a few years ago. The only complaint I'd have was that the beer was piss weak and the spirits tasted like paraffin.

Last edited:
Thinking of booking full board and then go for the 1 euro local wine in Costa Brava, may work out cheaper. #alwaysstayclassy

Thinking of booking full board and then go for the 1 euro local wine in Costa Brava, may work out cheaper. #alwaysstayclassy

What's your current location, when do you want to go?

Never tried all inclusive but would like to see what it's like.

Been doing the AI for about 14 years now. If you have kids there is no better way to go abroad. The last couple of holidays me and Mrs Spion have gone away on our own but still stayed AI as it is convenient for us and we can budget properly.

The First Choice website (part of Thomson) only offers AI holidays and Thomsons own site is good too.

Went to Cape Verde earlier this year at the end of the season and already booked for Ibiza inbetween games later on. AI both time. I'm hooked on them! Yes, the beer can be weaker than usual but just drink more of it!

Been doing the AI for about 14 years now. If you have kids there is no better way to go abroad. The last couple of holidays me and Mrs Spion have gone away on our own but still stayed AI as it is convenient for us and we can budget properly.

The First Choice website (part of Thomson) only offers AI holidays and Thomsons own site is good too.

Went to Cape Verde earlier this year at the end of the season and already booked for Ibiza inbetween games later on. AI both time. I'm hooked on them! Yes, the beer can be weaker than usual but just drink more of it!

You enjoy CV?

We went the last 2 weeks of May and stayed at the Riu Garopa. Thoroughly enjoyed it, most bizarre weather I've ever experienced though.

What's your current location, when do you want to go?
I've sorted out cheap flights to Barcelona, so a good Costa Brava hotel deal at the end of August for a week would be nice. Say 27th Aug to 3r Sep.

Not travelling with kids Spion but I just want the sun and the sea, and eat and drink lots, at a good price, and as I've been to the area before I'd probably stay around the hotel anyway so might as well eat there.

I've sorted out cheap flights to Barcelona, so a good Costa Brava hotel deal at the end of August for a week would be nice. Say 27th Aug to 3r Sep.

Not travelling with kids Spion but I just want the sun and the sea, and eat and drink lots, at a good price, and as I've been to the area before I'd probably stay around the hotel anyway so might as well eat there.

The problem with these dates and that area are its prime holiday time for UK tourists. Kids on the school holidays.

When you say Barcelona, are you flying in to Barcelona? Or is it Girona or Reus? You also have the Costa Dorada which is in that area.

I use hotels4u.com or travelrepublic when booking hotels in that sort of resort.

Surprisingly there's hotels under £300 per person coming up. That's your room, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and as much local alcohol you can drink between the specified times. Roughly £40 a night. Great stuff!

The problem with these dates and that area are its prime holiday time for UK tourists. Kids on the school holidays.

When you say Barcelona, are you flying in to Barcelona? Or is it Girona or Reus? You also have the Costa Dorada which is in that area.

I use hotels4u.com or travelrepublic when booking hotels in that sort of resort.
Sorry, it's Girona, so think Costa Brava is most convenient.

Travelrepublic is great, quite a few good offers there.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
I'm looking at something similar but with a wife and 2 kids. I'm thinking of leaving it late to book. In other peoples experience how late can I leave it? Thinking of the first or second week of October, probably to the belearics, is a week before I go going to be too late? Never done a late booking before but need it to be as cheap as possible.

I'm looking at something similar but with a wife and 2 kids. I'm thinking of leaving it late to book. In other peoples experience how late can I leave it? Thinking of the first or second week of October, probably to the belearics, is a week before I go going to be too late? Never done a late booking before but need it to be as cheap as possible.

That time of the year, you should get a reasonable package deal if you leave it really late. It's their 'non busy' time of the year, so there should be some decent deals about.

I know I bang on about them quite alot, and they're not everyones cup of tea, but Ryanair will have some really cheap flights (even with all the extras) around that time. Prices will be up now, but another 4-6 weeks from now will have their lowest prices for that time period.

I've done a week all inclusive out of season using Ryanair and Hotels4u for 2 adults, 2 children, plus transfers for less than £140 each in the past. Hotel was half decent too.

If you want any help nearer the time, just shout.

You enjoy CV?

If all you want to do is eat, drink and walk along beautiful (but windy) seafronts then it's ideal. Fortunately that was what we wanted to do!

If you are not taking kids it's even better! (they would get bored as there isn't anything to do outside the complex)

Stayed at the Riu Karamboa on BoaVista and had a seriously great time.

If all you want to do is eat, drink and walk along beautiful (but windy) seafronts then it's ideal. Fortunately that was what we wanted to do!

If you are not taking kids it's even better! (they would get bored as there isn't anything to do outside the complex)

Stayed at the Riu Karamboa on BoaVista and had a seriously great time.

We were on the other island, Sal. We had a great time. Part of the reason we booked was due to the fact there was feck all to do. Hotel had a kids club, kids made friends, all day in the pool, disco at night. Awful plane though for a 6hr flight.

Awful plane though for a 6hr flight.

Tell me about it!

We flew with Thomson and by the time we went they had at least reinstated the free in-flight meals! I swear that every year we fly there are an extra two or three rows of seats over the previous year.

That time of the year, you should get a reasonable package deal if you leave it really late. It's their 'non busy' time of the year, so there should be some decent deals about.

I know I bang on about them quite alot, and they're not everyones cup of tea, but Ryanair will have some really cheap flights (even with all the extras) around that time. Prices will be up now, but another 4-6 weeks from now will have their lowest prices for that time period.

I've done a week all inclusive out of season using Ryanair and Hotels4u for 2 adults, 2 children, plus transfers for less than £140 each in the past. Hotel was half decent too.

If you want any help nearer the time, just shout.
Cheers for that notts. Appreciate it, be in touch soon!

Tell me about it!

We flew with Thomson and by the time we went they had at least reinstated the free in-flight meals! I swear that every year we fly there are an extra two or three rows of seats over the previous year.

We loved it and flew Thomson. However, me and the Mrs are both short-arses so we weren't to bothered by the flight. A tall person would have been uncomfortable, it pushes the boundaries of a short -haul flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566