Post Match Chelsea 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea vs Leicester

great effort and proof were Premier quality when u consider our injury list

Competed well first half. Ran out of steam in the second

Hammond was excellent. Moore and Morgan did well again. But...

Cannot afford to miss the chances Nugent had. Just not good enough
Cannot afford to defend like Albrighton did for their second. Hopelessly not good enough, and awful
Cannot afford to have such a paper thin squad that we embarrassingly have to bring on a total and utter slob like Taylor-Fletcher. Pitiful and needs sorting now

Bring on the arse

Fair scoreline overall. Chelsea were pedestrian in the first half and we looked competitive with them when they were like this. I was proud of the first half performance.

In the second half, they upped the pace of the game and largely blew us away. Schmeichel kept the score reasonable and our legs went. Do we need to be a bit fitter?

Can anyone have imagined us with Hammond, GTF and King as our central midfielders at Chelsea? Frankly, somebody has screwed up with our recruitment that we're so short here. The players deserve better from their management.

Overall, that's that fixture over with at least. We didn't embarrass ourselves and we will hopefully have learnt a few more lessons.

Last edited:

Just been to the match. We matched them easily for 60 odd minutes. We need Drinks and James back and another striker and fullback and we'll be fine. The spirit in this team was fantastic and will take us miles. We need someone to take chances better. We'll stay up no problem.

@Brown Nose

Very harsh. I thought King and Hammond played really well and I don't really see a problem with them being our 3rd and 4th choice central midfielders.

You can't have 8 central midfielders and keep them all happy, I thought we'd all learnt that under SGE.

Last edited:

@Brown Nose

Very harsh. I thought King and Hammond played really well and I don't really see a problem with them being our 3rd and 4th choice central midfielders.

You can't have 8 central midfielders and keep them all happy, I thought we'd all learnt that under SGE.

What are you talking about harsh? I didn't say anything bad about King or Hammond today, they both worked their arses off. However, had NP got DD, MJ and Cambiasso all fit and available, King and Hammond would have been competing for places on the bench.

If we could, I'm sure we'd have played three central midfielders today and we should have had one on the bench as cover when one was needed. We've needed a holding midfielder all summer and NP clearly agrees because of his pursuit of Cambiasso. I think we also need an attacking midfielder and if there's anything in our links to players like Holtby/Powell, NP agrees with this too.

Premier League squads are almost all loaded with midfield players because that's where most games are won and lost. I'd guess that our midfield options are less than just about any other squad. It's only game two and this area is being exposed. Gary Taylor-Fletcher chasing down Fabregas and Ramires is never going to end well.

To be honest, it didn't matter that much today, but if we're playing against a team we need to be getting points against, we cannot be this vulnerable.

Will also add that it was another hugely encouraging effort from Morgan and Moore.

Schlupp didn't let himself down at all.

Ulloa really looks a classy player to me. He did things I've not seen a city striker do for a long time. Vardy will absolutely love it.

Mahrez looks the part and will only improve.

Need more depth as I've said. It's not helped by the fact that four/five nailed on starters are not fit. Don't remember a single game last year where that was the case.

What are you talking about harsh? I didn't say anything bad about King or Hammond today, they both worked their arses off. However, had NP got DD, MJ and Cambiasso all fit and available, King and Hammond would have been competing for places on the bench.

If we could, I'm sure we'd have played three central midfielders today and we should have had one on the bench as cover when one was needed. We've needed a holding midfielder all summer and NP clearly agrees because of his pursuit of Cambiasso. I think we also need an attacking midfielder and if there's anything in our links to players like Holtby/Powell, NP agrees with this too.

Premier League squads are almost all loaded with midfield players because that's where most games are won and lost. I'd guess that our midfield options are less than just about any other squad. It's only game two and this area is being exposed. Gary Taylor-Fletcher chasing down Fabregas and Ramires is never going to end well.

To be honest, it didn't matter that much today, but if we're playing against a team we need to be getting points against, we cannot be this vulnerable.

You said someone has screwed up our recruitment because we were so short in central midfield. When it was our 4th choice central midfielder went off. You can't have squads of 40 good players and I don't think you can blame recruitment for having 3 injuries in the same position. It happened to Man Utd last season, who struggled with injuries, let alone us.

It was a good game. But the paper thin squad did show up in the end. Nugent should have scored twice. It the championship he would have buried those chances. Very please with the performance though.

Worrying that Hammond is injured, he played well. he and King make, maybe made a good partnership. Nugent should have scored, but the goalie did well. However we are woefully short on numbers, if the two M's at the back get injured we are f..ked there is simply no adequate cover. The midfield is already decimated, I'm not sure who NP will play on Tuesday, possibly call up from the under 21's. De Leat struggled again, he is fine when going forward, but his defensive abilities are highly debatable. Konchesky was steady, but not up to this standard, thankfully he won't play againstChelsea every week. Ulloa never really got into the game, however the service to the big man was not up to scratch. Set pieces and corners were woeful, Mahrez must take some responsibility for this and he is trying to hard when in possession, he can't beat every player on the pitch, but is definitely a player who will win us games. Final point Schmiechael proved again what a good shot stopper he is he will be crucial to our survival. Overall we were beat by a better team but we need to strengthen the squad in all areas.

The first half was wonderful, we played some beautiful passing football. Shame about the fall off in the second but im not going to cry at losing to this season's champions.

Just been to the match. We matched them easily for 60 odd minutes. We need Drinks and James back and another striker and fullback and we'll be fine. The spirit in this team was fantastic and will take us miles. We need someone to take chances better. We'll stay up no problem.

I think that we'll need three central mid-fielders quite often this season so, we need at least one, and preferably two more central players: particularly as Hammond does seem injury prone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566