Post Match Chelsea 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worrying that Hammond is injured, he played well. he and King make, maybe made a good partnership. Nugent should have scored, but the goalie did well. However we are woefully short on numbers, if the two M's at the back get injured we are f..ked there is simply no adequate cover. The midfield is already decimated, I'm not sure who NP will play on Tuesday, possibly call up from the under 21's. De Leat struggled again, he is fine when going forward, but his defensive abilities are highly debatable. Konchesky was steady, but not up to this standard, thankfully he won't play againstChelsea every week. Ulloa never really got into the game, however the service to the big man was not up to scratch. Set pieces and corners were woeful, Mahrez must take some responsibility for this and he is trying to hard when in possession, he can't beat every player on the pitch, but is definitely a player who will win us games. Final point Schmiechael proved again what a good shot stopper he is he will be crucial to our survival. Overall we were beat by a better team but we need to strengthen the squad in all areas.

Thank you Borderfox. As someone who can no longer manage away games this is the kind of report I need from those who are actually at the matches.

Thank you Borderfox. As someone who can no longer manage away games this is the kind of report I need from those who are actually at the matches.
Or from those that've watched it on an internet stream

Or from those that've watched it on an internet stream
Or those who watched it on Norwegian tv, if they could be bothered to write a match report. Like FoxFranks who won't admit he is, unless he has a freudian slip.

Last edited:
All I had was goal updates for this one. I have to say reading this it sounds like are showing all the right traits. Credit to Pearson, we'll be here for a few years at least.

So proud of everyone involved at the club today, from the owner all the way down.

Special praise from me goes to Hammond, King, and Konchesky. These are three players who I had doubts about but so far they have all stepped up.

So proud of everyone involved at the club today, from the owner all the way down.

Special praise from me goes to Hammond, King, and Konchesky. These are three players who I had doubts about but so far they have all stepped up.
How very ture!

Last edited:
The clock is ticking. I assume the window will shut at 5pm on Monday 1st although it's possible you may have to register interest in a player by Sunday in order to complete on the Monday. Remembering that we play on the Sunday means we have to get stuff done as early as poss this week to avoid distractions for the manager in the run up to the game.

If we don't get bodies in then I expect the players will be as pissed off as the manager. they can't be happy fighting their arses off and then seeing GTF coming on to try and hold the midfield together!

A lack of new faces will be a failure of the management between Pearson and the board.

Let's hope we don't need an inquest.

Last edited:
The clock is ticking. I assume the window will shut at 5pm on Monday 1st although it's possible you may have to register interest in a player by Sunday in order to complete on the Monday. Remembering that we play on the Sunday means we have to get stuff done as early as poss this week to avoid distractions for the manager in the run up to the game.

If we don't get bodies in then I expect the players will be as pissed off as the manager. they can't be happy fighting their arses off and then seeing GTF coming on to try and hold the midfield together!

A lack of new faces will be a failure of the management between Pearson and the board.

Let's hope we don't need an inquest.
Remember to breathe!

Would it be appropriate to run around screaming like the kid from home alone yet? Someone please tell me when it is.

Inquest?

Jebus wept. Get a grip man.

It's a figure of speech MA. I'm trying to make a point here. we were very pleased when the owners converted their loan into equity. But it doesn't change the fact that they can take it back if we make a profit. It's their business.

at this point we have spent approx 15/20 million in fees and improved contracts per annum. Ignoring the increased commercial income, that leaves 50 odd million left over from TV money. subtract the annual loss of say 15 mill we were running at and we are way ahead of break even.

This transfer window is the only concrete evidence we will get as to the investment plans of the owners. Like I said, we have another week to see what happens. It's clear that Pearson is unhappy we are where we are with a week to go. He has said that on several occasions. so where is the sticking point? that's all. No drama. Just want an idea where our club is going.
We have a group of players who appear to be quite capable of becoming established at this level IF the club is prepared to invest in players to provide depth to the squad and indeed to the starting line up.

Players get injured. Fact. We were fortunate last year in this regard but as we have seen, the depth we have would have coped in the championship. not the case this year. Would be dreadful to see points going begging against the likes of WBA and Dull because we have to bring GTF to shore up the midfield.

No panic. (For a week anyway!)

It's a figure of speech MA. I'm trying to make a point here. we were very pleased when the owners converted their loan into equity. But it doesn't change the fact that they can take it back if we make a profit. It's their business.

at this point we have spent approx 15/20 million in fees and improved contracts per annum. Ignoring the increased commercial income, that leaves 50 odd million left over from TV money. subtract the annual loss of say 15 mill we were running at and we are way ahead of break even.

This transfer window is the only concrete evidence we will get as to the investment plans of the owners. Like I said, we have another week to see what happens. It's clear that Pearson is unhappy we are where we are with a week to go. He has said that on several occasions. so where is the sticking point? that's all. No drama. Just want an idea where our club is going.
We have a group of players who appear to be quite capable of becoming established at this level IF the club is prepared to invest in players to provide depth to the squad and indeed to the starting line up.

Players get injured. Fact. We were fortunate last year in this regard but as we have seen, the depth we have would have coped in the championship. not the case this year. Would be dreadful to see points going begging against the likes of WBA and Dull because we have to bring GTF to shore up the midfield.

So you will actually panic if we don't sign anyone? Like, real life panic? Jeez, lighten up SAF, try to enjoy it :102:

So you will actually panic if we don't sign anyone? Like, real life panic? Jeez, lighten up SAF, try to enjoy it :102:

More like Clive Dunn - Just want an idea how long we are likely to able to enjoy seasons like this or will it be another decade in the wilderness to follow. been watching us go up and down for 40 + years and I never felt we had the kind of opportunity to become well established as we do now. The reason? Because I thought we have owners who are prepared and able to invest heavily in the club. they were several years ago. Then it became obvious that FFP had removed that ability. Now we will get to see what transpires with the opportunity to do so again.

been waiting to see what happens in this window since feb when it became clear we would be going up. Pleased that some are relaxed and able to take a more sanguine que sera attitude.

Homer, it's nothing to do with the games or the performances. It wouldn't make any difference if we had won both games. Perhaps I would be better posting in Swahili?

It's about the investment plans of the owners. sorry for trashing the post match thread.

I'd sooner we blow loads of money on huge wages, that way if we get relegated then we can enjoy a fun journey like Portsmouth. It doesn't matter if the players are worse than what we have, everyone agrees Harry is a great manager mad he just signs literally anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566