Post Match Chelsea 3 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sharing this apathy at all. The days of Elvis Hammond and losing 1-0 to Cardiff City are by no means a distant memory. I still can't get my head around how we won the PL or that we're now in our third consecutive PL season.

I feel like there ought to be plenty to be excited about. I don't feel apathetic about our performances whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think Ranieri is right. I'd be delighted to finish 17th if we got ourselves a run to to last eight or so of the European Cup, drawing one of the real big boys. It's something we'd remember forever. A top ten finish is just another midtable top flight finish. I've seen a few of them already. Embrace the novelty of what we are seeing.

Winning the league last season has definitely changed things for me. I'm finding it almost impossible to get up for league matches. And I'm watching far less football on the telly. Club football has peaked for me, I think. For the first time I'm seriously considering giving up my season ticket at the end of the season.

100% exactly the same for me, and I knew it would be the case. If it wasn't for the Champions League I'd have given mine up this season.

I wondered the players feel like this too. Probably based current performances

That's why I can't really blame them.

I've never looked forward to a season as little as I did this one.

That's why I can't really blame them.

I've never looked forward to a season as little as I did this one.

That isn't an excuse for the players. It's their job and they are being paid handsomely for it. If they are interested then retire or take a year out.

That isn't an excuse for the players. It's their job and they are being paid handsomely for it. If they are interested then retire or take a year out.

That's such a vile, Thatcherite view of human beings.

People aren't just motivated by money. Every single player has achieved something they all probably thought was impossible at this stage of their career. They've now been immortalised til the day they die.

I doubt they've lost their love of the game and I'm sure they're trying their best to get their selves up for it, but it's going to be borderline impossible to be up for it as much as last season. No matter how much they get paid will change that.

People aren't just motivated by money. Every single player has achieved something they all probably thought was impossible at this stage of their career. They've now been immortalised til the day they die.

I doubt they've lost their love of the game and I'm sure they're trying their best to get their selves up for it, but it's going to be borderline impossible to be up for it as much as last season. No matter how much they get paid will change that.

:D

100% spot on.

I'm just as interested in our results and performances as I was before. It's my interest in other teams that's changed for me. At the end of last season I was watching with interest any Spurs, Arse or Man City game I could but this season I don't think I've watched any games not involving us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669