Post Match Chelsea 5 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not at all. He wanted to show his appreciation to the away fans and gave credit to Danns. The guy really cannot win with some people. I had an argument with the twat sat behind me on Sunday because every time one of our midfielders booted the ball into no-mans land, he blamed Beckford for not being there.

Fair enough.

I'm a big supporter of Beckford and hardly fall into the 'some people' category; I just felt as though Chelsea were clearly quite vulnerable at the back and felt that if they had actually thought that we thought we had a chance of getting back into the match then it may have been a different game.

I don't care how good the support was; if it had been another top club scoring to pull it back to 3-1 then I am sure that they would have grabbed the ball and sprinted back to the half way line.

Fair enough.

I'm a big supporter of Beckford and hardly fall into the 'some people' category; I just felt as though Chelsea were clearly quite vulnerable at the back and felt that if they had actually thought that we thought we had a chance of getting back into the match then it may have been a different game.

I don't care how good the support was; if it had been another top club scoring to pull it back to 3-1 then I am sure that they would have grabbed the ball and sprinted back to the half way line.

He scored against one of the best teams in the country, and possibly Europe, in the club's biggest game for years. I can understand why he was pleased with himself and gave the fans something to celebrate for a few minutes.

Are people actually complaining that Beckford celebrated with the fans...really?

Are people actually complaining that Beckford celebrated with the fans...really?

Yes

Get with the programme

And I saw him having a drink at one point during the game. Why couldn't he wait until full time ?

The money he's on he could afford as much Lucozade Sport as he wants, without having a free drink at our expense

Modern footballers just take the piss

Dear Lord, I can't believe people get annoyed that a striker celebrated scoring perhaps one of the biggest goals of his career. In fact he barely celebrated his part in it and heaped all the praise on Danns. It's not as if he went and did 5 laps of honour round the pitch, shedding items of clothing on his way round. Get real!

it is not impossible to score two goals in 13 minutes, plus the additional stoppage time. In fact 3 goals were scored in the last 5 minutes (albeit 2 of them were by the opposition) so there was absolutely no need to try and restart the game as quickly as possible.

Dear Lord, I can't believe people get annoyed that a striker celebrated scoring perhaps one of the biggest goals of his career. In fact he barely celebrated his part in it and heaped all the praise on Danns. It's not as if he went and did 5 laps of honour round the pitch, shedding items of clothing on his way round. Get real!

it is not impossible to score two goals in 13 minutes, plus the additional stoppage time. In fact 3 goals were scored in the last 5 minutes (albeit 2 of them were by the opposition) so there was absolutely no need to try and restart the game as quickly as possible.

He absolutely should have got the game started straight away, you know, like Kasper did against Forest.

He absolutely should have got the game started straight away, you know, like Kasper did against Forest.

I stand by my point, even if no-one else agrees.

The fact that no other players other than Danns ran over to celebrate the team scoring one of the biggest goals of their careers suggests that they either thought it wasn't worth celebrating or wanted to get on with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669