Post Match Chelsea 5 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure people will moan about conceding 5 goals, but I have no complaints about the manner of the defeat. We could have settled for 2-0 and defended for the rest of the match, but we made attacking substitutions and tried to get back into the game. When you do that against a team as good as Chelsea you're always risking them scoring on the break.

Great goal by Marshall. I told you he was good.

Played team, gave it their all against a very, very good side. Shame Danns didn't get a goal he deserved - my MotM. We contributed to an entertaining game and couldn't have hoped or achieved better.

I'll now leave the thread to those who know how to manage a team better than Pearson and how to play football better than Wellens.

We werent brilliant in the first half, but I thought we gave it a fairly decent go in the second, scored two good goals and I'm pleased that we gave a good account of ourselves. Well done lads :)

Played team, gave it their all against a very, very good side. Shame Danns didn't get a goal he deserved - my MotM. We contributed to an entertaining game and couldn't have hoped or achieved better.

I'll now leave the thread to those who know how to manage a team better than Pearson and how to play football better than Wellens.

Have you sorted the safehouse yet? I'm in need of a coffee.. or something stronger if there's anything in the fridge.

We werent brilliant in the first half, but I thought we gave it a fairly decent go in the second, scored two good goals and I'm pleased that we gave a good account of ourselves. Well done lads :)

Pretty much agree. Shaky in the first half, but good second half performance where we gave it a good go instead of shutting up shop at 2-0 down.

A great game to watch, we came and gave them a good go; and we outsang the Chelsea all game, our support made a show of them in their own ground

Proud to be a Leicester fan. The good thing is that we did bother them - 5-2 flatters them a bit I'd say.

I don't think they played well against a second string Chelsea team. Defensibly poor, midfield missing for large patches of the match. Pressing mostly absent.

Diabolical start. Awful defending and competing for the ball for the first 20 mins and game was over by then. As a result, the match turned into a non-contest. Chelsea (who had changed 7 out of 10 outfield players) and then took off their best player at half time, were not tested at all.

We have the experience and quality to have done much, much better. Some players embarrassed themselves (Morgan & Gallagher were particularly poor).

I didn't expect a win, but I did expect a fight. The only appearance of fight came long after the game was over as a competitive one. NP and the players should be very pissed off and I'll be really annoyed if they're not. The supporters that went there and sang their hearts out deserved more.

We made them look better than they really are. Especially someone like Torres who has been a disaster for the last year and we make him look like a world beater. Morgan was completely clueless about how to mark him. Sums us up this season really.

Last edited:
Not bad overall I thought and think that 5-2 possibly flattered them a little and 4-2 may have been a fairer result but they were clear and deserved winners. Was really good to see us have a good go at them and thought we played well at times but they were so dangerous and quick on the counter attack where the difference really showed.

Disappointing to conceed 2 for corners but great performance yet again from Danns and Nugent never gave up either. Marshall looked really lively when he came on too which is a great sign and what a goal that was - should give him a massive confidence boost from here on as even he admitted there was more to come from him than we had seen already. Dyer looked out of his depth quite a bit to be honest and may have been culpable for giving the ball away to start breaks for their goals but everyone else did OK though Wellens was dead when he came off but put a good shift in.

Shame about the result but respectable performance in my opinion and nice to have a couple of goals to cheer. Onwards and upwards for Blackpool now!!

I saw a post in the match thread by someone saying it was embarrassing. Whoever it was, you sir, are a fool.

I had to listen to it in the car. The most irritating comment of the day was from Motson: "this really highlights the gulf between the Premier League and the Championship"

Erm, it actually highlights the gulf between an in-form top six PL team and an average Championship team, or in fact anyone outside the top six of the Prem. As highlighted by the Wolves v Man U game today, the fact Norwich and Swansea settled quite nicely into the Prem, and that we actually beat a PL team in the last round.

The commentary was awful, and Motson was shouting with enthusiasm every time Chelsea got an attack but the City goals were barely audible. And the whole focus on Torres scoring was irritating on the radio too.

The scoreline does not really reflect on the game. I thought Danns was MoM for me, a well taken goal from Beckford and an absolute stormer from Marshall ... not a bad way to get your first goal for the club.

One thing I felt it did highlight was just how far we are from being a Premier League club.

Credit to everyone though, we went there to play football and we gave them a good game. I would imagine from a neutral's point of view that it was a very entertaining game.

Obviously I'm basing all of this on what I watched on the tv which will probably be nothing like what I would have seen if I'd been a proper supporter and gone to the game.

I felt Kasper could have done better on a couple of the goals. Maybe I'm just spoiled as he's usually great.

Great goal by Marshall. I told you he was good.

It was an excellent one-two and touch and finish. Very impressive. Hopefully, this will give him some confidence.

I should also mention Danns who was excellent throughout. Easily our best player.

What on earth is wrong with us defensively though? That's 11 goals against in 3 away games over the last 12 days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670