chelsea real post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started a thread about him just after he came with Megson (can't be arsed to find it). I think he's a fascinating character. Loads of players talk very highly of him and his influence on their careers. Also, Megson only ever did anything with him alongside. He's overcome cancer of the kidney in recent years too.

He's 63. Started coaching in 1973. Worked as Assistant to many Managers as well as Megson (including Redknapp for a time at West Ham).

Yep, his main experience has been in the lower leagues but he knows his football and I think has been around the block long enough to deserve our respect. Singing "Gerry this and that" and ignoring the actual man in charge is understandable, but a little unfair. That's my point.

Slagging him off for pointing out that he is actually picking the team/tactics is pretty dumb.
Oh right,I never did slate him though.Probably be ok has part of the backroom staff then depending on who is Manager:102:

Just back from the game... Here are my thoughts..

1) Foxes fans are the best at times, Blue Army were incredible....
2) Gerry was excellent on the sidelines, kicked every ball and his and Burrows' decision to switch it to 4-4-2 made all the difference when we were 2-1 down.
3) Kenton was excellent. Fryatt did ok, CORT WAS OUTSTANDING, Levi looked good when he came on (aside from his first pass) and in all every player played with the spirit and courage we have missed for so long.
4) Chelsea fans are wankers.
5) We were unlucky, but then we can't realistically be too disappointed by this result. It was a great effort.
6) DJ's goal was superb...I want to see more of him.
7) Tonight I am a very proud City fan again. Thanks lads, Gerry and Frank.

Great to hear Al :038::038:

Trying to think of other things.... Realistically you cannot let Lampard have free runs in to your box and not get punished, we had a make-shift midfield which couldn't hold the ball allowing millions of pounds of talent to rain down on our superb CBs...Fulop pulled off a World Class save at 2-2 (I think)....

Seriously though, I thought Carl Cort was brilliant tonight you know. Brilliant.

Cup highlights start in 3 minutes, hope they have a bit more than just the goals.
Great effort from the lads, sounded like a brilliant vocal support.

Looking at the team sheet, who in their right mind gave us an earthly chance of getting that close.

Chelsea had £100million in players on the bench alone!

I started a thread about him just after he came with Megson (can't be arsed to find it). I think he's a fascinating character. Loads of players talk very highly of him and his influence on their careers. Also, Megson only ever did anything with him alongside. He's overcome cancer of the kidney in recent years too.

He's 63. Started coaching in 1973. Worked as Assistant to many Managers as well as Megson (including Redknapp for a time at West Ham).

Yep, his main experience has been in the lower leagues but he knows his football and I think has been around the block long enough to deserve our respect. Singing "Gerry this and that" and ignoring the actual man in charge is understandable, but a little unfair. That's my point.

Slagging him off for pointing out that he is actually picking the team/tactics is pretty dumb.

Agree BN. But unfortunately you know damn well that if we win then its all down to Gerry and if we lose its all down to Frank.

Trying to think of other things.... Realistically you cannot let Lampard have free runs in to your box and not get punished, we had a make-shift midfield which couldn't hold the ball allowing millions of pounds of talent to rain down on our superb CBs...Fulop pulled off a World Class save at 2-2 (I think)....

Seriously though, I thought Carl Cort was brilliant tonight you know. Brilliant.

Great news.

Frank after the game:

"Chelsea had better players and more possession than us, but I wouldn't swap any of my laddies' hearts for any of their players' hearts"

Also seems that Levi's done his cruciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669