Pre Match Chelsea v Leicester, FA cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea could rest their entire first team and still put out a team that is more than capable of giving us a right good hiding.

I would have thought our best chance was if they did put out their best XI and that they have their minds on Europe. Any who are outside that XI might want to put in the kind of performance that will improve their claim to a place.

So back to the original question. Any recommended pubs showing the match for all us Londoners? (not sports cafe please)

There's a few if us in north London who may go further central if there's a decent crowd - else it'll be a pub in Finchley or Stanmore.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who think Chelsea got a bit lucky last night? Defensively, they didn't look too clever. Napoli could and should have scored another goal.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who think Chelsea got a bit lucky last night? Defensively, they didn't look too clever. Napoli could and should have scored another goal.

I thought it was a terrific game. This is because the old guard of Chelsea have decided to play now that they have got rid of a manager who was going to cull them all. Can't blame I would have done the same in their position. These turkeys were not going ot vote for Xmas!
The other reason is that Napoli are not a typical Italian team. They are committed to attack and playing with style. Fantastic - but probably not a good idea in the circumstances.

As for Sunday - unfortunately I think Chelsea will want to win this game and pick a strong team. They may need the FA Cup as a consolation prize.

If I were a bit younger I would definitely have made the effort to go to the game because I think there will be a great atmosphere - and of course the small chance of a shock result. But to be honest just like the turkeys if they hadn't got rid of andre - i think we will be well stuffed. hope I'm wrong.

Where the fook can I watch this in Sydney? The match will kick off at 1.05am here on Monday morning (I think).
Any fellow Sydneysiders off to watch it?

Where the fook can I watch this with my boyfriend Sydney? The match will kick off at 1.05am here on Monday morning (I think).
My fella Sydney and me are dying to watch it?

Aaw that's sweet, but won't you both be tucked up in bed by that time?

Personally I think them winning (after extra time) last night could be better for us, more reason to rest a couple of players. could be wrong tho, chances are he'll stick out an unchanged squad. I'll also stick a fiver on Drogba have a right strop at some point during the game.

Drogba to fill Erland Johnsen's role from '97, no doubt.

Where the fook can I watch this in Sydney? The match will kick off at 1.05am here on Monday morning (I think).
Any fellow Sydneysiders off to watch it?

It's on Setanta here, Pyrmont Bridge Hotel is definitely showing it as rang them. As it's one of the few all night pubs and popular tourist drinking places bound to be a few pissed up Chelsea fans and just maybe some of ours.

Think I might be watching it in a hotel bar near Central as some other of Ausfoxes will be there. PM me if you fancing joining.

Pyrmont might be better atmos?

I was a steward at Stamford bridge for the game in '97. Best student job going, got paid and watched us for free... that loss was rough.

Anyhow any New York foxes watching this one? It'll be Slainte on Bowery for me, or the new football bar Banter in Williamsburg. PM me if you're watching.

I'm hoping for a similar result to the last time i watched us in a F.A. cup quarter-final in West London

Can anyone recommend a good place to watch this in Vietnam? Preferably east coast near Nha trang :)

I had a ticket but have had to go to New Delhi on business. Any Foxes fans in Delhi know where this might be shown? I've scanned the TV listings online and can't see any channel showing it.

Excerpt from the chelseafc.com Pre-Match Briefing:

Leicester will be well-backed too: six thousand City fans will descend on the Fulham Road - the biggest away contingent at the Bridge this season.

I think we should play a different system to confuse Chelsea

Schmeichel, Peltier, St. Ledger, Bamba, Morgan, Kennedy or Konchesky, Dyer or Marshall, Danns, Wellens, Nugent, Beckford

Subs: Smith, Dyer or Marshall , Kennedy or Konchesky, Mills, Howard, Schlupp , Gallagher

Once again the Guardian's research into our team for tomorrow is utterly clueless. According to them, our subs will be from the following: Morgan, Marshall, Schlupp, Howard, Kennedy, Peltier, King, Abe, Fernandes, Ball, Weale, Oakley, Waghorn. :102:

Also, no mention of Vassell at all. Not even on the 'Injured' section. So he just doesn't exist anymore.

Once again the Guardian's research into our team for tomorrow is utterly clueless. According to them, our subs will be from the following: Morgan, Marshall, Schlupp, Howard, Kennedy, Peltier, King, Abe, Fernandes, Ball, Weale, Oakley, Waghorn. :102:

Also, no mention of Vassell at all. Not even on the 'Injured' section. So he just doesn't exist anymore.

Bring back Sam Leitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670