Pre Match Chelsea v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Interesting tough fixture. Lots of calls recently to change formation away from the KP. Assuming Mendy is available, CR could have the opportunity to link him with Armartey and Drinkwater and sacrifice probably Albrighton. 433 is the formation i would chose for this match, it should make us more solid but maybe limit the amount of crosses to the strikers. I have a feeling CR has been waiting for Mendy to recover to give this formation a chance. Its a game which may suit our counter attacking style therefore Musa must be at least on the bench Looking forward to this and hoping for a 1-1 draw Vardy.

I'd like to try the formation that kept us up in 2014/15, with Schlupp and Albrighton as wing backs.

Schmeichel

Albrighton
Hernandez
Morgan
Huth
Schlupp

Drinkwater
Amartey

Gray
Slimani
Mahrez

Our fortnightly hammering is approaching.

3-0

Must change formation for this one. Think our 4-4-2 will still be fine for most games, but for tough away games at least we need to go to 4-5-1/4-3-3 for now. The problem is we've got so many strikers it makes it a tough choice up there!

I'd go for:

Schmeichel

Simpson
Morgan
Huth
Fuchs

Amartey
Drinky
Mendy (if fit, otherwise King)

Mahrez
Vardy
Gray

Tough choice to leave out Slimani as he's played well so far, and Musa could be in Gray's spot but Gray deserves it more at the moment and works hard to get back

If we play a 4-3-3, I don't think on current form Vardy or Mahrez deserve a start. It won't happen but I'd like to see

Gray - Slimani - Musa

After the 1-1 draw in 2000.

We were all a bit apprehensive about facing George Weah. He's a world-class player and I'm just a scruffy old Irishman so you have to be a bit concerned (Gerry Taggart)

Good times then and now.

Must change formation for this one. Think our 4-4-2 will still be fine for most games, but for tough away games at least we need to go to 4-5-1/4-3-3 for now. The problem is we've got so many strikers it makes it a tough choice up there!

I'd go for:

Schmeichel

Simpson
Morgan
Huth
Fuchs

Amartey
Drinky
Mendy (if fit, otherwise King)

Mahrez
Vardy
Gray

Tough choice to leave out Slimani as he's played well so far, and Musa could be in Gray's spot but Gray deserves it more at the moment and works hard to get back

Unless slimani is tired or we are saving him for the Kopenhagen game there is no way I'd drop him. Vardy seems so out of form I'd drop him before Slimani.

This is the third time we've faced a tough away game just before a Champions League game. On the two previous occasions, we've stank the place out in the league game.

I think Ranieri will be well aware of this disappointing trend. He will also be very keen to put on a performance at Chelsea as it's an important match for him personally. Therefore, I expect him to come up with a proper tactical plan for the game that could involve some changes in personnel and formation.

I also think that the usual suspect players will (once again) be daydreaming about the CL match and fail to turn up. On form, the likes of Vardy and Fuchs should not be starting games and Ulloa and King should be nowhere near the squad.

My starting line up would be:

Schmeichel
Simpson Morgan Huth Chilwell
Albrighton Drinkwater Amartey Schlupp
Mahrez
Slimani

Subs: Zieler, Hernandez, Mendy, Gray, Musa, Vardy, Fuchs

Boc, you should know by now that it is customary to use the German name for our opponents

Whereas nobody anywhere ever said Köpenhamn.

I assume everyone is leaving Okazaki out because he would have traveled about 30,000 miles and will probably have double jet lag!

Given we seem to have a meltdown pre Champions League weekend, I would most definitely make changes and give some of the fringe players an opportunity and hopefully get a decent performance and result, then select the champions league starting XI on Tuesday to go out fresh & fired up to get a result against Copenhagen, my team for Chelsea would be as follows -

Schmichael

Simpson
Huth
Morgan
Chilwell

Mendy
King
Drinkwater

Gray
Musa
Schlupp

Subs