Children in Need, not a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got harassed by quite a sexy looking girl wearing 70’s clothes and her fat friend in a gorilla suit while trying to obtain a sandwich.

but they raise money for different charities/organisations...do they have charity nights for say just the disabled???

Not on primetime Friday night TV they don't No..So why not ? They raise money for the disabled as long as they are disabled children

Last edited:
precisely its harmless and for a good cause etc

It just bugs me as I support my favourite charities throughout the year (one of which is Rainbows and that certainly is a place for children in need) and yet are made to feel stingy if I don't want to cough up for CIN. It's almost become a national charity. We have a compulsory collection at work (well no one has ever dared not put the required amount in), the kids bring things home from school which you feel obliged to buy, you get stopped at the railway station, in the banks and in town...

I feel it does do harm to charities that aren't beneficiaries of CIN as people only have a limited amount of money to donate and if they've given it to CIN it's not available for others.

It just bugs me as I support my favourite charities throughout the year (one of which is Rainbows and that certainly is a place for children in need) and yet are made to feel stingy if I don't want to cough up for CIN. It's almost become a national charity. We have a compulsory collection at work (well no one has ever dared not put the required amount in), the kids bring things home from school which you feel obliged to buy, you get stopped at the railway station, in the banks and in town...

I feel it does do harm to charities that aren't beneficiaries of CIN as people only have a limited amount of money to donate and if they've given it to CIN it's not available for others.
A charity is a charity, it's not compulsary. You have only yourself to blame for putting money into something you don't want, or don't need to.

Hallejuah,thats what I've been trying to say for the past hour

A charity is a charity, it's not compulsary. You have only yourself to blame for putting money into something you don't want, or don't need to.

Not everybody is as strong as you though and a good few are bullied or pressganged into giving money for fear of how they might look in front of others

Nonsense, I don't put aside a budget for charities, and I'm sure most people don't.

If it's something I feel passionate about, I'll donate, if I don't, I won't. I won't just set aside a budget and give it to whoever comes first, or does a best marketing job.

Not everybody is as strong as you though and a good few are bullied or pressganged into giving money for fear of how they might look in front of others
Yep, I agree with that. But ultimately the reponsibility lies with you.

I only give to charities that give me a pin badge to put on my bag. It's daft I grant you but it does mean I don't have to make any choices as to which are worthier. And I normally give to the air ambulance after they helped someone in my family out massively

I only give to charities that give me a pin badge to put on my bag. It's daft I grant you but it does mean I don't have to make any choices as to which are worthier. And I normally give to the air ambulance after they helped someone in my family out massively

:037::043::044::048::biggrin::036::025:

sod charities

i pay enough in taxes

well if youre going to give to the less fortunate you damn well want to make sure you get something in return :icon_bigg

I prefer t-shirts or baseball caps with the charity's logo on it. That way everyone knows how smug I am about donating to charity, which makes me a better person for doing so even though i don't have a pot to piss in.

I'm in need!!

Nonsense, I don't put aside a budget for charities, and I'm sure most people don't.

If it's something I feel passionate about, I'll donate, if I don't, I won't. I won't just set aside a budget and give it to whoever comes first, or does a best marketing job.

I'm sure most people don't have a formal budget but they do have a limited amount to spend and if they've given to CIN they feel they've done their bit. If it's a cause you feel passionate about then that's different, but if you're standing on a street with a collecting tin the week after CIN is not a good time. I've done it.

As for it not being compulsory, my daughters both have a non-uniform day today at school whereby you donate to CIN and then wear what you like. I'm really sure I could have refused to give money and made them go in uniform...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669