Children in Need, not a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people donate to a charity that they have some sort of personal affinity with.

Even better, if you are donating money for a specific item or you know exactly what your hard-earned is going to be used for.

Children In Need is a very worthy event, but I can understand why some are reluctant to give.

Agree with all that but maybe some other charities need their awareness raising and it might be good to donate a night of 'Entertainment' to another charity or charities just for a change.It might also help to eradicate some of the ignorance shown to people who suffer through no fault of their own

Last edited:
Exactly, not many people know that its a charity. It should be a government thing paid by taxes - many people presume it is.

Donating money to contribute towards a new helicopter or whatever is very worthy in my opinion.

In fact, I'm not really sure why it needs to be run as a charity? Not sure if anyone else knows?

If I was the PM, that would be the first thing I sort out.

Last edited:
It might also help to eradicate some of the ignorance shown to people who suffer through no fault of their own
That's exactly what Children In Need is doing!!!

You think it's these children's fault they're suffering?

Agree with all that but maybe some other charities need their awareness raising and it might be good to donate a night of 'Entertainment' to another charity or charities just for a change.It might also help to eradicate some of the ignorance shown to people who suffer through no fault of their own
I would imagine that all charities bar a few would argue that they need to raise awareness.

What would be the criteria for choosing just a few from the many that are out there?

A nigh on impossible task for somebody to have to do IMO.

That's exactly what Children In Need is doing!!!

You think it's these children's fault they're suffering?

I'm not debating that:icon_roll I'm not saying its wrong but there a lot of other people out there who are suffering but Joe Public is unaware of.People who suffer a mental illness might not all be suffering that because of their own fault.We all know children suffer,we read it in the papers,its on the news etc etc and its very sad and horrible.I'm not saying they deserve it,credit me with some intelligence but not every person with a mental health problem is a lunatic and perhaps if television raised public awareness of this fact a little more then I wouldn't be rattling on.There are other people suffering out there through no fault of their own other than children..believe me I know

I would imagine that all charities bar a few would argue that they need to raise awareness.

What would be the criteria for choosing just a few from the many that are out there?

A nigh on impossible task for somebody to have to do IMO.

They could have a night with ten different ones awareness raised.I'm being portrayed as a Child Hater here when I'm not.All I'm saying ids I don't think Charity Nights on TV have to always be centred around Childrens Charities.I realise that I probably stand alone on this :102:

They could have a night with ten different ones awareness raised.I'm being portrayed as a Child Hater here when I'm not.All I'm saying ids I don't think Charity Nights on TV have to always be centred around Childrens Charities.I realise that I probably stand alone on this :102:
You're not being portayed in that light at all.

Of course there are other charities that need their profile raising, so that's up to them. Charities are run like a business, if you can't get the proper people to run them, then I guess they'll lose out on their standing.

The fact that the Air Ambulance has to be run as a charity is an absolute disgrace, however, what I find more disturbing is that the Lifeboat service is also dependent on donations. These are two of this country's essential emergency services and have to rely on volunteers and voluntary contributions. It's a ****in disgrace :098:

Of course there are other charities that need their profile raising, so that's up to them. Charities are run like a business, if you can't get the proper people to run them, then I guess they'll lose out on their standing.

And people will suffer through no fault of their own

The fact that the Air Ambulance has to be run as a charity is an absolute disgrace, however, what I find more disturbing is that the Lifeboat service is also dependent on donations. These are two of this country's essential emergency services and have to rely on volunteers and voluntary contributions. It's a ****in disgrace :098:
I spend a fortune on the RNLI and I can never, EVER repay them for saving my life (& members of my family, although I'm no longer sure that was such a smart move :icon_wink)

How they are not government funded is something I'll never fathom.

Well the old scrote should be.

He hasn't been the same since the kiddies workhouse closed down and he lost his job as whipper-in....

And people will suffer through no fault of their own
Well that's just ****ing life aint it, we all have to deal with the shit that is thrown at us.

Some of us get help, some of us don't. Some of us survive, some of us don't. Some of us get on with our lives, some of us can't.

Some of us will be forever grateful to charities, some of us will hate them. Personally I have some very good reasons to both love and hate charities.

Life is full of winners and losers, I guess the CIN charity have employed winners to gain them the support they need.

Where I would argue your case is when charities for ****ing pets recieve more than that for terminally ill people. But again, it's all down to using the right people.

IRworkhouse.IR.JPG

Well that's just ****ing life aint it, we all have to deal with the shit that is thrown at us.

Some of us get help, some of us don't. Some of us survive, some of us don't. Some of us get on with our lives, some of us can't.

Some of us will be forever grateful to charities, some of us will hate them. Personally I have some very good reasons to both love and hate charities.

Life is full of winners and losers, I guess the CIN charity have employed winners to gain them the support they need.

Where I would argue your case is when charities for ****ing pets recieve more than that for terminally ill people. But again, it's all down to using the right people.

And what happens to the people who can't deal with it ? Exterminate them because its tough and thats life:102:

And what happens to the people who can't deal with it ? Exterminate them because its tough and thats life:102:
I haven't got the answers, but I realise now where you're coming from and I will stop before I cause you any grief.

However, we both know our own personal reasons for having our opinions and I think we shoud just respect that.

If you're on about what I think you are, I don't wish to argue against you.

I haven't got the answers, but I realise now where you're coming from and I will stop before I cause you any grief.

However, we both know our own personal reasons for having our opinions and I think we shoud just respect that.

If you're on about what I think you are, I don't wish to argue against you.

My only point is that I think it would be fair for the BBC to raise the awareness of other people who suffer through no fault of their own and not have the same thing EVERY year for their one Fundraising Night.That is not down to the Charities,its down to the BBC IMO.It doesn't have to be a Charity that is close to my heart just a different one,every 3 or 4 years instead of the annual CIN.
Going to watch the Football now anyway...I've said my bit:102:

My only point is that I think it would be fair for the BBC to raise the awareness of other people who suffer through no fault of their own and not have the same thing EVERY year for their one Fundraising Night.That is not down to the Charities,its down to the BBC IMO.It doesn't have to be a Charity that is close to my heart just a different one,every 3 or 4 years instead of the annual CIN.
Going to watch the Football now anyway...I've said my bit:102:
Well maybe the lottery needs to accept more of a responsibility by donating to worthwhile charities instead of kids football teams, museums, the arts and that sort of shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669