City announce Season Ticket rises for 2024/25

I can feel the club squirming a little now.
Squirming suggests they have feelings. Whoever designed this caper certainly hasn't.

It will be data harvesting.

What other data are they taking from your phone when you use a digital ticket?

I'm sure they would be able to determine if someone else has used the ticket via MAC addresses/wallet ids/Apple or Google ids emails etc.
Makes no sense at all.

It's just daft. I think the approach is spot on; going to mobile tickets has to happen. It just makes sense. Charging £25 for a different option is complete nonsense. Don't offer a different option, take a few angry emails and be done with it. Offering a chargeable second option is just asking for trouble.

It's just daft. I think the approach is spot on; going to mobile tickets has to happen. It just makes sense. Charging £25 for a different option is complete nonsense. Don't offer a different option, take a few angry emails and be done with it. Offering a chargeable second option is just asking for trouble.

What about people that don't have smartphones? Or the chaotic evidence of every single time we've attempted to use it at scale? No?

Do you know the actual reason why football clubs were encouraged to move towards NFC ticketing?

It came about in the immediate aftermath of Covid when there was the concern that you could catch it from passing around actual tickets. The PL wrote into its instructions that clubs should look to encourage NFC as it could be used as an argument if the government tried to shut football down again.

Barking mad. But that's where it came from and the guidance still stands.

It's a lot cheaper for clubs than manufacturing cards/tickets. It is also true that NFC enable clubs to gather more information than the current ticket cards or actual paper tickets. They get a much better understanding of who is in each seat, how often they actually attend, what time they arrive at the stadium, how they consume what they like to call the 'match day experience' and so on.

There is also the security question. There are many examples you can read of counterfeit NFCs, or NFCs disappearing off your phone when you get to the ground through device pairing. About how easy it is to hack the hardware and cause chaos. One day soon enough, this will happen at a game. Because technology isn't always the best answer.

And then there is the access to contact details leading to advertising and junk mail. It's common that using NFC leads to your details being sold on to third parties.

But even if none of this was a concern, I still wouldn't want it. I have used NFC for some things and I will do so in the future too. I'll do it when it makes sense for me. It doesn't make sense for me at the football and I'm in a massive majority in feeling this way. That alone should be enough.

Nobody who doesn't want to use NFC wants to stop those that do want to use it. Go for it. Why do you want to stop over 90% of City fans from doing what they want to do?

NFC enable clubs to gather more information than the current ticket cards or actual paper tickets. They get a much better understanding of who is in each seat, how often they actually attend, what time they arrive at the stadium
They get that information from paper tickets and cards. Unless the person who uses the ticket isn't the person who bought it. And it seems the way the club has implemented nfc means it's easy to give tickets to other people so the information they get might not be any more accurate.
And then there is the access to contact details leading to advertising and junk mail. It's common that using NFC leads to your details being sold on to third parties.
Have you got a source for this?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564