City's England

Status
Not open for further replies.

teesfox

All this talk of no decent young english players coming through the ranks has got me thinking. During our history we have supplied 15 players to the England cause, whilst still wearing the blue and white.

Here they are and my formation - still unsure of central defenders though, but I know you guys will help

Goalkeeper - Banks
Left back - Osbourne
Right back - Whitworth
Central Defender -
Central Defender -
Right Wing - Weller
Left Wing - Guppy
Central Midfield - Sep Smith
Central Midfield - Hine
Striker - Wothington
Striker - Lineker

Subs - Shilton
Heskey
Barry
Bishop
Bailey
Adcock

Just a bit of fun. We have in total supplied 60 players to varying international teams whilst still playing for city.
(I'm not an anorak, just bored of waiting for a new manager to brighten the day)

Just had a check we have never had a City player whose was a centre-half play for England

No, but I think Tony Knapp played once for a football league side, which is almost there! And Graham Cross was 12th man for England at cricket.

No, but I think Tony Knapp played once for a football league side, which is almost there! And Graham Cross was 12th man for England at cricket.
Your right, but I've got a feeling he played a friendly for Engand but I'm not sure if it wasn't a B International.

All this talk of no decent young english players coming through the ranks has got me thinking. During our history we have supplied 15 players to the England cause, whilst still wearing the blue and white.

Here they are and my formation - still unsure of central defenders though, but I know you guys will help

Goalkeeper - Banks
Left back - Osbourne
Right back - Whitworth
Central Defender -
Central Defender -
Right Wing - Weller
Left Wing - Guppy
Central Midfield - Sep Smith
Central Midfield - Hine
Striker - Wothington
Striker - Lineker

Subs - Shilton
Heskey
Barry
Bishop
Bailey
Adcock

Just a bit of fun. We have in total supplied 60 players to varying international teams whilst still playing for city.
(I'm not an anorak, just bored of waiting for a new manager to brighten the day)

Thought Whitworth was a Left back, while Nish was the right back. Both internationals.

S Smith played once for England in the middle thirties v Northern Ireland
E Hine played for England in the early thirties

information from fag cards that I used to own

Last edited:
Did Steve Simms only play for the U-21 team or am I totally wrong?

I assume so, but I guess you'd have to ask him in order to be absolutely certain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669