CL sees progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

CL seems reasonably happy with the game. :icon_lol: :) :) ;)

Levein Sees Progress

City boss Craig Levein believes that Thursday night's 5-1 victory over Norwegian side Bodo Glimt was a 'step in the right direction'.

The Foxes fielded a strong line up for the game, including new signings Nils Eric Johansson, Momo Sylla and Rab Douglas.

And Levein's men overpowered their opposition with a high tempo style of play that left the home side wanting.

Mark de Vries and David Connolly both scored twice, while second half substitute Gareth Williams also got in on the act.

Speaking after the game, Levein said: "It was a good workout for the players. Obviously we wanted to win, but I was more interested in how we played when we had the ball. As a team we managed to stay pretty compact. Just as importantly we can consider it as a reasonable fitness exercise. Winning 5-1 was an added bonus.

"I was quite pleased with everybody and I wouldn't say that anybody let themselves down, particularly in regard to what we were trying to do. We certainly played with a lot more energy than we did in the whole of last season.

"Results don't mean anything at this stage but there was plenty there for the backroom staff to look at. We know how we want to play and we have to instil that into the player's minds. Today was the first step in doing that.

"Mark and David both scored two good goals. Goals breed confidence to strikers so in that sense tonight will not have done either of them any harm.

"James Wesolowski is only a young boy but he didn't look out of place. We brought him along because he did quite well in the practice game against Kettering on Sunday.

"His has done well in training since we came over here and I was pleasantly surprised with his performance.

"Rab (Douglas) talked right through the game which is something I like. He encouraged his defence. He is experienced so I wouldn't have expected anything else from him.

"I have no complaints. Overall the game served its purpose."

City: Douglas, Maybury, Sheehan, Gudjonsson (Williams 45), McCarthy (Stearman 45), Johansson, Syla, Connolly, de Vries (O'Grady 85), Wesolowski, Wilcox.
Subs not used: Henderson

Source

yeh sounds like he got a semi over weslowski and spilt a little sex wee. :icon_lol:

Rayvon said:
yeh sounds like he got a semi over weslowski and spilt a little sex wee. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: I might not have couched it in those terms.

Fox in Sox said:
MDV scores twice with his feet.

Playing it to his feet is better than to his head it seems, no surprises there.

Congratulations on the first post, a long time coming. :038: :038: :icon_lol: ;) If MDV scores 20 goals this season all with his feet, then that is fine by me. ;)

I bow to your superior numbers!

But it seemed obvious to me that MDV doesnt time headers well, but seemed to hold up the ball reasonably well with his feet. Scowcroft of course was the opposite, hopefully the new boys will have gathered this by now!

It does seem to be a shame that such a tall fellow is not good with his head, but if the ball goes in the net off his arse I don't care, all goals are good goals

Fox in Sox said:
I bow to your superior numbers!

But it seemed obvious to me that MDV doesnt time headers well, but seemed to hold up the ball reasonably well with his feet. Scowcroft of course was the opposite, hopefully the new boys will have gathered this by now!

It does seem to be a shame that such a tall fellow is not good with his head, but if the ball goes in the net off his arse I don't care, all goals are good goals

Feck me FIS, nearly 2 years before posting, what's the dilio?

Last edited:
DurhamFox said:
were you just observing the going ons before joining the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
DurhamFox said:

Couple of sherberts this evening. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00