Claridge on King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

Steve Claridge's scouting report on Andy King. :icon_bigg

Steve Claridge's scouting report: Andy King, Leicester City
Leicester's Andy King is an exemplary young midfielder who provides insurance and confidence for all around him

Last edited:
But he is shit. Quite a few people on here say this, so despite what the experts think, it must be true. After all what does Claridge know being a pro for 15-20 years.

Truly excellent prospect, having a top season. Great stuff. Thanks Claridge for alerting everyone else...

Claridge wrote one of these 'Scout Reports' for Richard Stearman about two years ago. It would be interesting to see what he said about him...

Good or bad he must be doing something right because hes the only player in our team to have played for every minute of every 28 league games this season

Good or bad he must be doing something right because hes the only player in our team to have played for every minute of every 28 league games this season

absolutely. the guy must be doing something right. he is playing central midfield in a team that is currently walking the division. he's scored 9 goals, made 3 assists and has played the majority of games. I haven't been his biggest fan but how can we criticse the guy when we have been so succesful. is he a future mustapha...?

is he a future mustapha...?
I think that type of comment might be more ridiculous than those comments slagging him off.

He's had a reasonable season and done his job to a competent level. No way a villain, no way a messiah.

Fairly nondescript but a valuable member of the team IMO.

a good appraisal of King i think. Primarily plays it safe & defensive rather than pushing and pushing for openings. Bides his time and tends to wait until the game unfolds before comitting forward.
I think Claridge, apart from his overuse of words like brilliance, has hit the nail head on here. King is fine, and fulfills an all round midfield role 'fine'. In order to be brilliant though his attacking passing and physical dominance needs to improve for him to become the sort of Carrick style player that he could well be. But he's got plenty of years to do it in, which is really positive.

Last edited:
absolutely. the guy must be doing something right. he is playing central midfield in a team that is currently walking the division. he's scored 9 goals, made 3 assists and has played the majority of games. I haven't been his biggest fan but how can we criticse the guy when we have been so succesful. is he a future mustapha...?

Apart from one or two certain individuals, I haven't seen anyone slag him off at all

People come here to talk about their reaction to games. If he plays well, which he has done on many an occasion, then comments reflect that. If he plays like a twat , which he has also done on a number of occasions, then people will quite rightly say so

Just because he has played in every minute of every game, doesn't mean that he is immune from criticism if he deserves it - and sometimes he certainly does

Last edited:
I think that type of comment might be more ridiculous than those comments slagging him off.

He's had a reasonable season and done his job to a competent level. No way a villain, no way a messiah.

Fairly nondescript but a valuable member of the team IMO.

i would say 9 goals from central midfield is more than a reasonable season.

Jury still out for me on King, I think he is carried in games and because we are currently being successful his short fallings are not picked up on. You can not knock his goal scoring, but that is all you really remember him for in games, if he does not score then his contribution is easily forgotten.
If/when we go up, he IMO is a back up player at best, even in our current good run the central midfield is the area I most worry about and needs a big re-vamp if we are to make an impression in a higher league.

i would say 9 goals from central midfield is more than a reasonable season.
If that's all you judge a midfielder on, then I agree entirely with your opinion.

If that's all you judge a midfielder on, then I agree entirely with your opinion.

i don't. but a significant measure is the fact that we walking the league, he has contributed so many goals and he has played the majority of games. I think king sometimes doesn't get the credit he deserves because he does the simple thing. so often he just plays 10 yard passes, keeping the ball and a lot of this goes unnoticed.

i don't. but a significant measure is the fact that we walking the league, he has contributed so many goals and he has played the majority of games. I think king sometimes doesn't get the credit he deserves because he does the simple thing. so often he just plays 10 yard passes, keeping the ball and a lot of this goes unnoticed.

Well you have obviously noticed it

So I can only assume that are you saying that you are more observant than anyone else on here, and that their opinions are based on a complete ignorance of the game :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566