Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the only midfield we have atm. Porter and Adams are the other options or Verma......

As you said, it's the only midfield we have.

Someone on the 606 message board was saying Verma deserves a chance if Cleverly is out. Sweet lordy, there are some idiots out there.

Someone on the 606 message board was saying Verma deserves a chance if Cleverly is out. Sweet lordy, there are some idiots out there.

There are a high proportion of idiots in here too. what's your point?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/7961076.stm

Leicester suffer Cleverley blow

Leicester City loanee Tom Cleverley may not return after sustaining a sickening shoulder injury last weekend.

"He had a scan yesterday and I would suspect we may not see him again this season," said manager Nigel Pearson.

The Manchester United man has been forced to return to Old Trafford prematurely after falling awkwardly in the draw against Colchester.

The 19-year-old played 15 times for Leicester in League One following his January move, scoring two goals.

Shame - I liked him.

What has happened to Martin? Is he out for the rest of the season too? I've not really been paying attention :icon_redf

So he will be back on loan next season then :)
Actually that wouldn't surprise me - he's nowhere near the Man Utd first team, but probably ready for a step up, assuming we also make the step up.

Pearson has developed some decent relationships with the big clubs. It seems they are prepared to trust him with their talent. We could be in for a few interesting loans next season.

Actually that wouldn't surprise me - he's nowhere near the Man Utd first team, but probably ready for a step up, assuming we also make the step up.

Pearson has developed some decent relationships with the big clubs. It seems they are prepared to trust him with their talent. We could be in for a few interesting loans next season.

Boc and I were speaking about this yesterday. We wouldn't have come close to the likes of Gilbert, Hobbs, Cleverley etc with the likes of Allan, Holloway etc in charge.

NP is obviously highly regarded within the game, and this is something I believe we can use to our advantage.

Boc and I were speaking about this yesterday. We wouldn't have come close to the likes of Gilbert, Hobbs, Cleverley etc with the likes of Allan, Holloway etc in charge.

NP is obviously highly regarded within the game, and this is something I believe we can use to our advantage.

To be fair though those managers are more likely to loan their players to a team that's playing at the top of it's league. Cleverley has gone back to United having only lost one game playing for us so Ferguson will see that as a better education as it provides the winning mentality. Of course, Pearson deserves credit for not only choosing these players, but also sticking with them in what is a very physical league.

It would be nice to see a few more permanent players arrive in the summer but I'm sure we will be using the loan policy to full effect next season too.

He did very well after a couple of nervy games to begin with. I'd happily welcome him back.

Spot on, he has these contacts through his England work, and is also very 'liked' within the game allegedly. He really has been a superb appointment so far. Weren't Southampton silly pants?

To be fair though those managers are more likely to loan their players to a team that's playing at the top of it's league. Cleverley has gone back to United having only lost one game playing for us so Ferguson will see that as a better education as it provides the winning mentality. Of course, Pearson deserves credit for not only choosing these players, but also sticking with them in what is a very physical league. .

But that wasn't certain when we got Hobbs & Gilbert, so it would have been based more on Pearson & coaching staff's ability to develop them further (either for future first team appearances or to make them a desirable player to buy for a decent fee)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669