Clough dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

F**est are having a cracking time aren't they? Brian Clough has died today... just as his favourite club are dying in the Championship, how apt.

He once said Leicester was just a shite place full of factories... whatever Brian, whatever....your old club now feed us players, and take our rejects... all you worked for is in the shadow of the better side in the East Midlands.... Te rah me duck.

The bloke is a legend and I know he managed Forest & Derby but he supercedes that in my eyes.

I'm not particularly upset but I think its sad football has lost a true genius and an icon in English football.

Despite the clubs he had the misfortune to manage, the man was a fookin' legend

alex said:
F**est are having a cracking time aren't they? Brian Clough has died today... just as his favourite club are dying in the Championship, how apt.

He once said Leicester was just a shite place full of factories... whatever Brian, whatever....your old club now feed us players, and take our rejects... all you worked for is in the shadow of the better side in the East Midlands.... Te rah me duck.

Have another think about it. Who was the man who inspired the best manager in our history? Clough was a Legend.

alex said:

What the hell is your problem?? You find it good and funny that another person has died? Let alone 1 of footballs best ever managers and personalities. Either you are too young to appreciate this man, or you are just a sad little wa*ker.

RIP Brian Clough

alex said:

What an odious little prick you are. It beggars belief that anyone could be so poisonous and pathetic as to use something like this as a pretext to take a swipe at Forest.

Usually life and death put into perspective how trivial footballing rivalries are, but clearly not for the truly small-minded. The guy hasn't even been buried yet you disrespectful c*nt.

Good luck for the remainder of the season to the rest of you who do your club credit, in stark contrast to Alex.

at the end of the day i wasn't the biggest brian clough fan but i wouldn't be glad of his death. He was a truly great manager and a man who deserves respect. Alex your sick and there are more important things in life then rivalry between football fans.
RIP Brian Clough

This guy was an absolute legend and it was criminal that he never managed England. He should remembered IMO as this countrys greatest club manager for what he achieved at 2 provincial clubs, I wish he had managed us.

RIP Brian its a sad sad day for all true football fans.

Alex,

PM me and we'll go for a pint before the game at your place.

Then I can see if you really are the most odious little prick in the East Midlands.

Show some respect you scumbag.

That went well then Alex!!

RIP Mr Clough, a person who knew what football was all about, and couldn't give a toss about what the FA thought..

I have had the honour of meeting Brian Clough - and he was exactly like he was on television. He shook my hand and said - "Nice to meet you, young man" I was 40 at the time. He was and will remain one of my heroes.

Rip Brian - It was nice to meet you, too

I think Alex was just trying to be ironic and didn't mean any real harm.

For me the Clough/Taylor partnership was the greatest management team ever in football. To win league titles at two small provincial clubs that had never won such honours previously and then to go on and win back to back European Cup honours beggars belief.

And don't give me the level playing field crap. Leeds and Liverpool sewed up that era much the way Arsenal and Man U do now (except they don't do Europe).

But the most important thing is his teams did it with exemplary discipline which he rammed down their throats. None of this surrounding refs nonsense, going in slyly with the elbows or flying in with the studs into players groins with a look like butter wouldn't melt in your mouth (did you see Boro v Bania last week - four challenges like that in the first hour).

And if, only if, he could have gone on to manage England - '82, '86, or '90 without a shadow of a doubt, one of them would have been ours.

alex said:

Not very respectful for the man who took 2 unfashionable clubs to greatness in the 1970's and 1980's. Both my brother and brother in law are forest fans and have met the man- they both talk of him as a true gent. Let's face it he has probably forgotten more about football than most players of the modern era have ever learnt. I will always remember is advice about the long ball game. "If football was meant to be played in the sky, god would have put grass on the clouds". maybe MA and co could learn from that

Brian Clough RIP

i think you need a taxi on this one alex :roll:

RIP Brian Clough -old school legend

Never mind Alex, mate

I'll get your coat...........

Sad day for football irrespective of what colours you wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566