Club Finances - WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Finances, wow

Can we afford Nicky Maynard now?

I am pleased to be amongst the majority on this board, in not having criticised our owners. The few on herer, and the rather more on a different site, who have so done, should feel genuinely embarrassed.

Certainly, when the Srivaddhanaprabha family took over LCFC, I do not think that they had a great deal of knowledge about Championship football, but one only has to look to Cardiff to see how much worse a take over could be. I truly believe that everything that they have done has been with the best interests of the club and, in that light, it is hard to hold their occasional errors (like appointing NP as manager - you'd be disappointed were I to change my mind, be honest :icon_bigg) against them.

This is a truly magnanimous gesture! :038::038::038:

I read about this last night on facebook,for what i can make out it gives us spending money in January but it also gives the club the ability to sort out contracts for the players they want to keep.

Simply wow,

Always felt the owners were genuine and now its rammed home in fantastic fashion.

Give me our lot over those utter nutters at Cardiff and Hull.

Its a huge move

Said all along we'd be fine with FFP.

Happy days and PeeSting should be first in line for a new contract imo.

Absolutely gobsmacked.
If they do read this forum, then thank you from the bottom of my blue and white heart.

Saving over £4m a year in interest alone, still can't believe they've done this.

Anything official on this? I tried checking the OS and its not working on my phone. Seems too good to be true.

I am pleased to be amongst the majority on this board, in not having criticised our owners. The few on herer, and the rather more on a different site, who have so done, should feel genuinely embarrassed.

Certainly, when the Srivaddhanaprabha family took over LCFC, I do not think that they had a great deal of knowledge about Championship football, but one only has to look to Cardiff to see how much worse a take over could be. I truly believe that everything that they have done has been with the best interests of the club and, in that light, it is hard to hold their occasional errors (like appointing NP as manager - you'd be disappointed were I to change my mind, be honest :icon_bigg) against them.

This is a truly magnanimous gesture! :038::038::038:

An excellent post. From the decision to give Birch a lifetime contract to the reappointment of Nigel to sticking with Nigel during the slump when many owners would have panicked the owners have not put a foot wrong.
I would rather be in the Championship with King Power than in the Premier League with Vincent Tan.

This is an extremely positive and important step forward for the club. Without wishing to undermine the decision, the owner had no other option otherwise he'd have to write off even more as a result of FFP fines/embargo's. Our club's debt had gone well beyond anything that could be redeemed by him.

It is a serious embarrassment to me that in the decade since we came out of administration as a Premier League club, we've somehow managed to lose over £100m.

The last response to this move should be the start handing out further idiotic contracts to the manager or players. We've been handed a second chance to do things properly and we need to take it.

Thank you Vichai. We're very fortunate to have you.

Excellent news. The owners deserve great credit for this, as well as buying the stadium back for the club. I've been a critic of the owners and will maintain a healthy degree of cynicism as I would for any custodian of our football club, but it would be churlish not to be supportive when a decision such as this is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669