Colchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an original thought - how about the players giving us something to sing about for a change - scoring goals and winning matches more than once in a blue moon, for instance.

:038: Well said RS, its not in our hands. Its up to the players.

Oh and while I'm at it, can we all agree to boo that pillock Birch when he comes out before the game and tells us to get behind the team. Save your pep talks for the players, not the fans, we've been behind this shower all season ,its about time they started to repay the support and earn their money. :angry:

:038: Well said RS, its not in our hands. Its up to the players.

Oh and while I'm at it, can we all agree to boo that pillock Birch when he comes out before the game and tells us to get behind the team. Save your pep talks for the players, not the fans, we've been behind this shower all season ,its about time they started to repay the support and earn their money. :angry:

I'm hoping that it's the full 'Sir Winston Birchenall' speech again, coupled with several roaring renditions of the Great Escape

Here's an original thought - how about the players giving us something to sing about for a change - scoring goals and winning matches more than once in a blue moon, for instance.

No problem there because "Hot-shot Hume relieved to be back in the fray for City"

Our eight-goal leading scorer is back, that should see the net bulging more frequently.....

Holloway believes the club's supporters have got a huge part to play in Leicester's survival bid.

"All I am asking is for everyone to bring their voices with them on Saturday," said Holloway. "We have got to make sure that Colchester are scared stiff when they come out of that tunnel into our magnificent stadium.

"I saw Liverpool the other night go a goal down to Arsenal, who were playing exceptionally well.

"But the Liverpool fans didn't stop singing, they created an amazing atmosphere and they went on to win the game 4-2."

We know what weve got to do, you tw&t. Its you thats not got a f^cking clue.

It's a blue moon day tomorrow, Colchester will play with more freedom now thet're relegated, which will suit us. 3-1 to the Foxes.

It's a blue moon day tomorrow, Colchester will play with more freedom now thet're relegated, which will suit us. 3-1 to the Foxes.

No it's not.

The Full moon isn't due 'til the 20th and the next blue moon is New Years eve 2009.

I confidently predict 1-0.

But look where i am in the prediction league

I predict a dismal 0-2. One against the run of play, the second in the dying minutes as we push for an equalizer.

I predict a dismal 0-2. One against the run of play, the second in the dying minutes as we push for an equalizer.

You didn't have to make that quite so plausible.

I'm going to predict 3-1 us, cos I did in the Prediction League. And also because the chips really are down and even the thickest player has to realise that.

Nil Nil draw. Lots of blame on anything and everything by Hollowhead.

Just a thought but how do you not bring your voice?

Why because he has a personality, you don't agree with?

Some of the stick he's getting is completely undeserved - his personality was the same at Plymouth and he succeeded. He should be judged on his football management skills not because he's a twat. Despite his managerial woes, surely some blame should go on the players. A good percentage of them are harden professionals who have played at many levels yet they are shirking the challenge. I don't care if Mourinho was managing them but the sheer lack of guts at times from players has been disgusting yet you call for them to be supported and pushed on.

At the end of the day it's his responsibility to get these wasters to play. He presents himself as an idiot and that gives them an additional excuse for being slipshod and only bothering on the odd occasion. I can't accept that there aren't managers who could sort them out. It needs someone who stands no nonsense and commands respect. Unless I'm missing something Holloway does neither. He presents himself as a joker and he is treated as a joke.

As far as the game is concerned, I would imagine that most of them don't particularly want the hassle of relegation and that they will have too much on the day for Colchester. I wouldn't be able to guess the precise score but it should be a nailed on home win. I see this match as a sort of pre-qualifier which we need to win before we embark on the serious challenges of Barnsley and Wednesday. Should we fail to beat Cochester then we can forget it - but I'm sure that all will be ok tomorrow.

At the end of the day it's his responsibility to get these wasters to play. He presents himself as an idiot and that gives them an additional excuse for being slipshod and only bothering on the odd occasion. I can't accept that there aren't managers who could sort them out. It needs someone who stands no nonsense and commands respect. Unless I'm missing something Holloway does neither. He presents himself as a joker and he is treated as a joke.

As far as the game is concerned, I would imagine that most of them don't particularly want the hassle of relegation and that they will have too much on the day for Colchester. I wouldn't be able to guess the precise score but it should be a nailed on home win. I see this match as a sort of pre-qualifier which we need to win before we embark on the serious challenges of Barnsley and Wednesday. Should we fail to beat Cochester then we can forget it - but I'm sure that all will be ok tomorrow.

Just out of interest how do you know this with such confidence? Do you see his personality to the players?

Just out of interest how do you know this with such confidence? Do you see his personality to the players?

I don't want to be too unkind but have you not seen his interviews; have you watched not his behaviour; have you read not his nonsense articles?

Unless the players are kept between matches on another planet, I can't see how his personality and behaviour isn't transmitted to them.

I realise that even if we lost every game between now and Christmas that you would still be a member of the Holloway protection society, but unfortunately i think a lot of folk have sussed him out.

As I've said: I think we will be ok tomorrow and probably survive this season - but just expect more of the same next season if Holloway is given another chance on the back of that survival.

But this joke personality brought Plymouth the goods and despite all the good a manager can do - there is an amount of effort expected from the players - and simply there hasn't been that. There is only so much one can do - one-nil at Sheff Utd and they completely fell apart. The players deserve all the stick from that game and then partly Ollie for a lack of pro-active work in the second half.

So for me, to condemn Holloway has a joke yet say support the players is stupidity. Ollie has been scapegoated into being the sole person which has led to this downfall. It's all horseshite because the first song sang will be 'Ollie's Army!'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670