Colchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for me, to condemn Holloway has a joke yet say support the players is stupidity. Ollie has been scapegoated into being the sole person which has led to this downfall. It's all horseshite because the first song sang will be 'Ollie's Army!'

Singing Ollies army and waving your shoe in rhythm to the clown, sends one message, "we love you ollie and all is well".

I would think a chorus of ' ollie out ' would be more appropiate at this moment in time. He might just get the message.

Last edited:
So for me, to condemn Holloway has a joke yet say support the players is stupidity. Ollie has been scapegoated into being the sole person which has led to this downfall. It's all horseshite because the first song sang will be 'Ollie's Army!'

Exactly. His personality has nothing to do with it, just because he has a sense of humour doesn't have anything to do with his management skills. Craig Levein was the most boring manager ever and he was shite.

All managers say stupid things, and he is no exception, but I don't give a flying **** what he says to the press. He inherited a team which was an absolute shambles, and although I agree that we haven't improved much, and agree some of his buys have been terrible, the hatred for him is ridiculous.

Exactly. His personality has nothing to do with it, just because he has a sense of humour doesn't have anything to do with his management skills. Craig Levein was the most boring manager ever and he was shite.

All managers say stupid things, and he is no exception, but I don't give a flying **** what he says to the press. He inherited a team which was an absolute shambles, and although I agree that we haven't improved much, and agree some of his buys have been terrible, the hatred for him is ridiculous.

:038::038:

Some of his buys have been terrible but the majority have been decent and without them we would have already gone down IMO

Singing Ollies army and waving your shoe in rhythm to the clown, sends one message, "we love you ollie and all is well".

I would think a chorus of ' ollie out ' would be more appropiate at this moment in time. He might just get the message.

Such a song and dance might certainly mean, "we love you, Ollie" - but I don't think anybody on the terraces or at the club will be thinking all is well or be thinking that anybody else is thinking all is well.

The "Ollie Out" chant might be appropriate for those who want him out - it's clear that large numbers don't.

Last edited:
I don't want to be too unkind but have you not seen his interviews; have you watched not his behaviour; have you read not his nonsense articles?

Unless the players are kept between matches on another planet, I can't see how his personality and behaviour isn't transmitted to them.

I realise that even if we lost every game between now and Christmas that you would still be a member of the Holloway protection society, but unfortunately i think a lot of folk have sussed him out.

As I've said: I think we will be ok tomorrow and probably survive this season - but just expect more of the same next season if Holloway is given another chance on the back of that survival.

patronising sod :icon_wink

I am not a member of the Ollie protection society (though I understand why you might think that), but I honestly think that he can produce the goods, and I think if we had got him when we got Allen we would be in a much better position.

But, as I have mentioned elsewhere a manager should only be judged by his results in my opinion, which at the moment aren't great. I have no problem with people using these as a reason to get rid, but I think that people who use his humour (or lack of) and his manerisms as reasons to give him the boot are clutching at unnessecary(sp) straws is all.

Such a song and dance might certainly mean, "we love you, Ollie" - but I don't think anybody on the terraces or at the club will be thinking all is well or be thinking that anybody else is thinking all is well.

The "Ollie Out" chant might be appropriate for those who want him out - it's clear that large numbers don't.

Be an ideal chant for those that want us relegated too.

Theres nowt as funny as folk :icon_conf

It's quite obivious then that you haven't sat in the Kop or recently been an away game because the first song always sang by our support is 'Ollie's Army'. The shoes thing was about the love of the club - nothing to do with Holloway until he joined in (which speaking to a few from TB yesterday who went last Saturday many didn't see his act and there has been little of it reported by the local or national press).

You are deluded to think that singing a couple of fans makes Holloway think he's on okay street because no doubt he receiving some shite from MM. I have said before and say again, Mandaric is his own man - the fans won't dictate to him. Holloway is aware of the pressure - all he has to do is look at record books and see we one of nine proud clubs to always be in the top two divisions.

Holloway believes the club's supporters have got a huge part to play in Leicester's survival bid.

"All I am asking is for everyone to bring their voices with them on Saturday," said Holloway. "We have got to make sure that Colchester are scared stiff when they come out of that tunnel into our magnificent stadium.

"I saw Liverpool the other night go a goal down to Arsenal, who were playing exceptionally well.

"But the Liverpool fans didn't stop singing, they created an amazing atmosphere and they went on to win the game 4-2."
Holloway is a fool.

As many a Blue Mongie as said, "We fans were ace at Sheff U, best crowd of the season, we didn't stop singing from start to finish"

Well it did fcuk all to help them out of your mess then, Ollie. It will do fcuk all tomorrow. It's you and the players, not the fans that need to work harder. You lot are to blame, you lot should hold your hands up, and you lot should accept the mild criticism being aimed in your direction.

You will be one fan down tomorrow that's for sure, I'm sick of this club, sick of these players, sick of this Manager, and sick of the idiot supporters that are making MM's task of sacking the twat in charge, nigh on impossible.

I have never read so many stupid comments in my life, the ones about him being "the right man for the job". Every scrap of evidence/proof in this argument is to the contrary, and nobody can back up their pathetic little ditties with any fact.

As far as next season's ST goes, I don't care what league we're in, I just want to see effort nd interest. I currently don't see any, so I doubt I'll renew my 5 tickets. Cnuts, the lot of us, from MM through to us fans.

Oh and while I'm at it, can we all agree to boo that pillock Birch when he comes out before the game and tells us to get behind the team.

It's not Birches fault. He is employed by the club to do a job and I bet if he wasn't he might say or do things slightly differently.

The one thing I don't doubt though is that Alan Birchenall loves this club. Probably a lot more than many people who post here.

(And no, that wasn't a dig at you cleefox!)

The one thing I don't doubt though is that Alan Birchenall loves this club. Probably a lot more than many people who post here.
Aye, and I bet I have greater love for my boss than his customers do, especially on pay day.

It is also not appropriate until at least such time as we know our fate.

Aye, and I bet I have greater love for my boss than his customers do, especially on pay day.

Unfair Melts. Birchenall is a former player who chose to stay in the area and remain connected with the club after his playing days were done and dusted.

I remember speaking to someone at Wembley about when Birch was turned down to speak to the TV cameras because of how emotional he was about a bad decision that had gone against us.

He has to temper what he says publicly because yes, the club do pay his wages. But please don't mock or reject his genuine feeling for our club.

I wasn't, I was mocking you for sounding like a 12 year old, idol worshipping, bummer :icon_bigg

It's no wonder you were cnut of the year last time around :icon_wink

Last edited:
Says Mr BM :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_wink

If being a BM helps keep my spirits up then so be it.

If it doesn't, just watch me change into a psychopathic killer stalking slapheads in VW's :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669