commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of low-rent idiot goes to a restaurant and orders fish and chips?

It's Chateaux Briande all the way for me, bloody.

I'm sure plenty of people here have spent a lot at Asda, doesn't mean it's OK to nick stuff from them.

At those prices it's a steal any way! :icon_lol:

And Jeff, no - I wouldn't steal anything from the club shop as it's all overpriced tat.

Thanks Drew.

End of the day, it's like £4 a month or something and you get highlights and the fantastic Barber. You want to direct-debit me £2 a month you can share my password, until then, get your own you scrubber.

Nah, I'll just blag it more often.
As for the BBC - they shouldn't have sold the online rights. They are the ones in the wrong here.

The BBC didn't sell the rights you pillicock, the clubs did. Mind, I wouldn't waste my money on buying the commentary, or my time listening to it.

What's a pillicock?
Any way, the BBC should have bought it then. Either way I fail to see why people should be able to listen to the commentary for free over FM but should have to pay for it online - it's discrimination against people without radios and those who live outside the broadcast range. 104.9FM in Leeds is just a load of static (mind you, it's probably more reflective of our games than Barbars efforts!).

If you think listening to the commentary online without going through World is theft then you are a completely old fashioned.

The thing is, WORLD no longer supports any browser outside of PC nonsense.

Great. Progress. Thanks.

I've only had to listen to the commentary once this season which was the Morecambe game but on a number of occasions I've been left bewildered by comments made by people who have listened to games I've attended - just off the top of my head Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday away we played better than the radio commentators gave us credit for.

Barber is genuinely one of the worst commentators I've ever heard. He doesn't even bother describing the game half the time.

I've only had to listen to the commentary once this season which was the Morecambe game but on a number of occasions I've been left bewildered by comments made by people who have listened to games I've attended - just off the top of my head Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday away we played better than the radio commentators gave us credit for.

Barber is genuinely one of the worst commentators I've ever heard. He doesn't even bother describing the game half the time.

Morecombe? No wonder you were bewildered :icon_lol:

Barber is a joke of a commentator and to add to that, a Derby fan as well. his inabilty to follow a game and pronounce certain players names correctly is woefull, and his overall football knowledge is dire, I wouldn't mind but he could cover that up with an hours or so research a week.

If you think listening to the commentary online without going through World is theft then you are a completely old fashioned.

I really don't know why people have a problem paying for it, it's dead cheap, so it's not as if people can use the price as a reason not to.

The problem is a lot of people seem to think everything on the internet should be free, they don't like paying for anything. They don't seem to realise it costs money to provide the service.

I really don't know why people have a problem paying for it, it's dead cheap, so it's not as if people can use the price as a reason not to.

The problem is a lot of people seem to think everything on the internet should be free, they don't like paying for anything. They don't seem to realise it costs money to provide the service.

I think you should start charging a membership for this forum Jeff. That would shut them up!

and i'd stop wasting time on the internet and annoying the mrs!!

I'm sure plenty of people here have spent a lot at Asda, doesn't mean it's OK to nick stuff from them.

Yes - because they've just overcharged me over £70 on my credit card!!

I don't have LCFC world.

Pay for it yourself, a year's worth costs less than a match ticket, you can't be that skint can you?

No, it doesn't.

Quite.

If its £4 a month I actually make it more than double a adult match ticket

You can get it at £34.99 a year if you pay annually in advance by direct debit, but even at that price it's more than we have to pay for a ticket these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669