Community Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame, would have been more confident of getting a ticket if it was against Palace.
We get the same allocation whoever would have win and I suspect the estimated 27000 tickets that leicester will be allocated will be ****ing hot cakes either way.

We get the same allocation whoever would have win and I suspect the estimated 27000 tickets that leicester will be allocated will be ****ing hot cakes either way.

I didn't expect to have much chance of getting one in the Leicester end. And with Manchester United playing there will be a higher demand for tickets allocated to 'neutral' supporters.

Seeing as all high priority points holders should be season ticket holders anyway they should just be made available to season ticket holders initially.

Either way all season ticket holders should be sorted if we get 27000 tickets

Provided they limit it to one ticket per ST. For previous trips to Wmbley it's been two or even three tickets at which point they'll all be gone within minutes.

Seeing as all high priority points holders should be season ticket holders anyway they should just be made available to season ticket holders initially.

I think people with lots of points should get first choice, like with a normal away match, reduce the points day by day until putting them on sale to all season ticket holders. That way the people who go to the most games will have the best choice of seats, and it would spread the sales out so there won't be 23,000 people all trying to buy tickets on the same day.

When we went to Wembley in the play-offs in 1992 the first batch of tickets went on sale over a weekend. I think it was for season ticket holders and members - but we had nowhere near as many then as we have now. The club issued a statement saying there was no point going to the ground early on Saturday as there was no danger of any of the ticket bands selling out, and we'd have just the same choice on the Sunday. Like an idiot I believed them, and when I went on the Sunday the tickets I wanted were sold out and I had to pay a lot more to get a decent seat. There were stories of people with one season ticket turning up on the Saturday morning and buying loads of tickets. I never received a reply to the fax I sent the club complaining about it. Ever since then I've not trusted the ticket office to handle allocations properly.

We only get 27000

Maybe.

Wigan were offered 15,000 tickets when they played against Manchester United in 2013. They turned that down and only took 7,500 tickets, and still didn't sell them all. Manchester United got 35,000 tickets.

Often the Community Shield doesn't sell out. The cup winners will have been to Wembley twice in the few months leading up to it, so it's not such a special occasion for them and a lot of fans don't want to pay for another trip to Wembley for what is really just a glorified friendly.

So we will def be 7th?

Want to book train but no idea of kickoff times

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else, but I've just found this on skysports.com:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...617-season-start-for-your-premier-league-club

August 7 - Man Utd and Leicester

After United's FA Cup final success over Crystal Palace, it was confirmed their season would begin on August 7 in the Community Shield against Premier League champions Leicester. It will be Leicester's first time at the new Wembley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669