Community Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and the whoLe family went to the last one - couple of nights in a hotel, mooching about London for a day, few good meals, all lovely

Just a pity about watching the match which was complete and utter shite from start to finish.
I was too pissed to remember it.

Sunny day, loads of tinnies.

I was too pissed to remember it.

Sunny day, loads of tinnies.
I got wankered in a pub half a mile from the ground. My only vague memory is of Vardy diving to win us a pen. I think that happened anyway.... Couldn’t even tell you where I was sat or what the concourses looked like.

I'll be going. It's a good day out and it'll be a game where I don't give two ****s about the result so I can enjoy it.

On my wedding day... I really should have known two years ago. Ah well
Your partner will be extremely disappointed now that you have to rearrange the wedding.
Still, at least you’ll be demonstrating your priorities so they’re in no doubt about what the future holds.

Their have been
Too fecking late. I'd be surprised if they get 60k now. I'm not interested.
there have been 1 or 2 'considerations' to be taken in to account before confirming plans for the game.....in their defence...

Too fecking late. I'd be surprised if they get 60k now. I'm not interested.
Are you saying it's too late to start selling the tickets and you've made other plans, or are you not interested in being in a crowd of potentially 90k while Covid cases are spiking?

Are you saying it's too late to start selling the tickets and you've made other plans, or are you not interested in being in a crowd of potentially 90k while Covid cases are spiking?

Firstly, I'm not interested in any friendly game and this is a friendly. Man City already look likely to play a reserve line up with none of the England/South American players involved as a minimum.

I did go to the CS in 2016 because I'd not been to the new Wembley before. I had a great day that was ruined by the match. I was also up at the back of the stadium where the view was awful.

I was not really inclined for this game. However, if they'd come out with ticketing plans in decent time and at decent prices, I would probably have organised something to go for the day out.

However, I'm assuming that the tickets will go on sale next week sometime and then there will be nonsense about conditions for entry etc. I also bet the prices are ridiculous. I can't be arsed with all that so late on.

I don't think that there is any real risk attending a match. Everything we know for sure about Covid suggests that you have to be very unlucky to catch it outdoors if you're reasonably sensible.

The ticketing on our website is totally non existent. It shows as a fixture but I can't find any ticketing information about it at all. The match is two weeks tomorrow.

I agree with BR particularly this bit;
However, I'm assuming that the tickets will go on sale next week sometime and then there will be nonsense about conditions for entry etc. I also bet the prices are ridiculous. I can't be arsed with all that so late on.

Not going.

Taken them too long to do this.

Also not comfortable with being in a crowd of 90k and all the associated pre and post game crowds when it's ripping through society at the moment.

It will be a lot of money for what is just another pre season friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757