Competition for DJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpes

DJ CAMPBELL has found himself at the centre of a tug 'o' war.

Leciester City remain favourites after triggering the chase for the Blues striker as part of a double deal involving Stephen Clemence.

The midfielder has now completed his £750,000 transfer to the Foxes, but Campbell's availability sparked new interest.

Watford have come in for him strongly while Cardiff City and Charlton Athletic have now made inquiries.

Leicester are believed to be on the verge of agreeing a deal for Campbell after days of negotiations.

But if the move falters, an auction could take place as Blues would want to maximise the asking price.

During the talks with Leicester, Campbell's value was set at between £2million-£2.5million by Blues.

And as Michael Chopra has gone from costing £500,000 to £5million in 12 months, Blues will have taken special note.

The 25-year-old Campbell - who joined Blues from Brentford for £500,000 - has no great desire to leave St Andrew's.

But boss Steve Bruce cannot guarantee him a regular place this coming season.

And his departure could rake in a significant amount of cash to go towards the mystery 'big-name' striker Bruce is tracking.

With Blues flying to Germany tomorrow on their pre-season tour, both they and Campbell want a resolution to the saga, which began a week ago.

Campbell, though, was not expecting to travel with the party for their 10-day, three-game trip anyway once he had been effectively put up for sale.

Sorry forgot to say the quote was from the 'Birmingham Mail'. Looks like it could be a long weekend!

well, prices are determined by supply and demand so if the competition/demamd for Campbell has gone up then I wouldn't be suprised if B'ham - who need every penny - put the price up. Other clubs seem to have heard the news of his availability and of course Cardiff suddenly find they've got £5m more than they had yesterday and a great big gaping hole in their forward line. One fact to remember though is that if this price inflation for strikers continues, that we can ask more for Fryatt, so if Campbell is overpriced by 0.5m then we can overprice Fryatt by a bit too. I honestly think Fryatt is being horsetraded and Allen doesn't want him. At these inflated rates, Billy Sharp at Sheff Utd (even at £3m) and Cureton at Norwhich (£750,000 I think) are looking very good value.

No friggin way £2-2.5m!!! I would be worried if it was more than £1m.
He wasn't exactly firing them in last season, how can they put that sort of price tag on him?? :102:

For that price leave well alone and get Scott Sinclair or Ben Saha in on a season loan.

He wasn't exactly firing them in last season, how can they put that sort of price tag on him?? :102:

For that price leave well alone and get Scott Sinclair or Ben Saha in on a season loan.

Last season in the league he scored 9 goals in 15 games which i'm sorry but by anyones standards is pretty damn good plus transfer fees are on the up you only have to look at lee mcculloch he just went to rangers for £2.25M and he is shite!!

Campbell had the best goals per games ratio in the championship last season

Last season in the league he scored 9 goals in 15 games which i'm sorry but by anyones standards is pretty damn good plus transfer fees are on the up you only have to look at lee mcculloch he just went to rangers for £2.25M and he is shite!!

Actually his full stats were something like 12 in 43. (includes bench and starts)

Last edited:
Dj campbell over the other forwards we been linked with, He has turned in to a better player recently he wasn't that great when he first signed for Bham, hope he chooses us, we only have 3 forwards at the moment, Cort Hume and Fryatt, we need another 2.

Dj campbell over the other forwards we been linked with, He has turned in to a better player recently he wasn't that great when he first signed for Bham, hope he chooses us, we only have 3 forwards at the moment, Cort Hume and Fryatt, we need another 2.

Plus Sappleton, Hammond, De Vries, Dodds, Odhiambo.......

Actually his full stats were something like 12 in 43. (includes bench and starts)

Team Apps G YC RC
The Championship Birmingham City 15(0) 9 1 0
Carling Cup Birmingham City 2(0) 1 0 0
FA Cup Birmingham City 3(0) 2 0 0
Sorry mate just went off this that i got from sky sports website

Team Apps G YC RC
The Championship Birmingham City 15(0) 9 1 0
Carling Cup Birmingham City 2(0) 1 0 0
FA Cup Birmingham City 3(0) 2 0 0
Sorry mate just went off this that i got from sky sports website

12 in 20, would be a shame if we missed out on that, providing we aren't being taken to the cleaners just to get him that is.

Last edited:
Sh*t one of my mates who's a Blues fan seems to of heard Charlton are favorite to sign DJC now :icon_cry:

Last edited:
Sh*t one of my mates who's a Blues fan seems to of heard Charlton are favorite to sign DJC now :icon_cry:

I suppose given the option, he's more likely to want to sign for them since they're in a better position to pay him more and make a promotion push- haven't they just signed two strikers (Luke Varney and another) though?

I suppose given the option, he's more likely to want to sign for them since they're in a better position to pay him more and make a promotion push- haven't they just signed two strikers (Luke Varney and another) though?

Sappleton and Cort?

Varney, Todorov and that Colchester one (can't remember his name, he scored a penalty vs us last season at their place)

I reckon the DJ thing is all but tied up, just sorting minor stuff out before they announce it. All this going to other clubs is a load press produced pish.

The two Brum players were linked together in the deal, so I'd be surprised if it fell over now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670