Competition for DJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Clemence, N'Gotty and Allen here I think we are in a strong position. If someone comes in and offers £2m we can't do much about it as Birmingham will turn down our offer... fingers crossed DJ really wants to come here as he could dig his heels in and demand a transfer to us (In an ideal world).

With Clemence, N'Gotty and Allen here I think we are in a strong position. If someone comes in and offers £2m we can't do much about it as Birmingham will turn down our offer... fingers crossed DJ really wants to come here as he could dig his heels in and demand a transfer to us (In an ideal world).

I just think it's all further down the line than that, as the negotiations appeared to centre around the players as a pair.

Have faith. He's on his way.

I can't remember where, but i saw that we might be looking at an overall deal (promotion +) of £1.75mill. I just think this is massively excessive - there's no doubt he'll score goals but is he worth that much?

Yet again, the prem is screwing us over. The prem clubs are splashing out their new Sky money and it's not helping everyone else. Look at the facts - £6 mill for Nugent - too much, £17 mill for Bent - way too much. Unfortunately for us, both of those players came from our league and now everyone wants the same sort of money.

We've had our fair share of over-inflated prices (akinbadbuy) and i'd hate for us to get caught again. Just because we have some money we don't have to throw it around. I'd be a hell of a lot happier if we spent money building a decent midfield to provide for the stikers we have already, instead of spending £2 mill on a stiker who may or may not hit the back of the net reularly.

Don't get me wrong, if we do spend the money I'll get right behind him :)

Last edited:
I can't remember where, but i saw that we might be looking at an overall deal (promotion +) of £1.75mill. I just think this is massively excessive - there's no doubt he'll score goals but is he worth that much?

Yet again, the prem is screwing us over. The prem clubs are splashing out their new Sky money and it's not helping everyone else. Look at the facts - £6 mill for Nugent - too much, £17 mill for Bent - way too much. Unfortunately for us, both of those players came from our league and now everyone wants the same sort of money.

We've had our fair share of over-inflated prices (akinbadbuy) and i'd hate for us to get caught again. Just because we have some money we don't have to throw it around. I'd be a hell of a lot happier if we spent money building a decent midfield to provide for the stikers we have already, instead of spending £2 mill on a stiker who may or may not hit the back of the net reularly.

Don't get me wrong, if we do spend the money I'll get right behind him :)

Fair dues, but the term 'player's worth' is a bit of a misnomer these days isn't it. Just like the price of a house. You're not paying for the literal worth of the product you're buying, but instead for it's place within the market. If we pay what has been suggested, it will be because that's what they can get for him rather than Brum having one over on us.

Very true - still annoying though!!

Shame to see Healy go to Fulham - we should have tried to get him in!

Very true - still annoying though!!

Shame to see Healy go to Fulham - we should have tried to get him in!

Yup. It would obviously be better to get a player for next to nothing and develop them into the finished product, which I guess is the idea behind Sappleton. But we don't have the time for that, so we have to take a relative gamble on DJ.

I certainly remember one fan on the Wolves forum (or he posted on ours) saying that Akinbiyi "couldn't trap a bag of cement" just after we bought him, which scared the shit out of me as well as secretly making me laugh like a child.

I don't hear any Brum fans with similar reflections, but then we ain't transferred the money yet!

Last season in the league he scored 9 goals in 15 games which i'm sorry but by anyones standards is pretty damn good plus transfer fees are on the up you only have to look at lee mcculloch he just went to rangers for £2.25M and he is shite!!

What happened to the other 31 league games, was he injured??

True but if the player does not want to go to that club he can always say no to Bruce. It's the player that calls the tune. If we offer him better terms (length of contract, wages etc) he can tell Bruce LCFC or nowt, i'll sit on the bench and take your money.

Charlton can feck off.

MA says he is very close to joining us...that is good enough for me at this stage. I am hoping that it is too little too late for the other interested parties.

Get him in please and fast!!!

Last edited:
Charlton can feck off.

MA says he is very close to joining us...that is good enough for me at this stage. I am hoping that it is too little too late for the other interested parties.

Get him in please and fast!!!

Where did you here MA say that we are close to getting him please?

True but if the player does not want to go to that club he can always say no to Bruce. It's the player that calls the tune. If we offer him better terms (length of contract, wages etc) he can tell Bruce LCFC or nowt, i'll sit on the bench and take your money.

That's what I said at the end!!!

What happened to the other 31 league games, was he injured??

Like I already posted he is using incorrect stats!!!!

19 league starts, 24 as sub and 9 goals.
5 cup starts, 2 as sub and 3 goals.

That's 12 goals in 50 appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673