Conference League Play Off Draw - Randers FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
February up there, will it be 6 foot of snow and ice and 23 hours of darkness and all that kind stuff?
It's further north than Scotland, across frozen seas and icebergs and polar bears.

Got a feeling Ayoze Perez might have another bout of ‘illness’ for this one.

February up there, will it be 6 foot of snow and ice and 23 hours of darkness and all that kind stuff?
It's further north than Scotland, across frozen seas and icebergs and polar bears.
A little further south than Aberdeen. But yes, the polar bears thrive there.

But qualifying for the Europa League is about the only way we can redeem the season?

We still have a realistic opportunity to qualify for Europa League through the league or domestic cups, which would be much better areas to focus on than the Intertoto Conference.

I'd also rather finish 7th/8th in the league and miss out on Europa than finish 12th-15th and win this.

Winning this competition would do nothing for our reputation or finances. We'd be better off finishing higher in the league for the long term development of the club and attracting new players etc.

Our UEFA coefficient points from the Champions League run fall off at the end of this season. If we qualify for Europe again, we will have a tough group draw again unless we do well this season. So qualifying by being the inaugural winners of this new cup would be better

Hans Christian Andersen stayed in a hotel in Randers. Maybe the start of a fairy tale for us? Or a nightmare?

The best motivation for winning this competition should be it'll allow us to avoid this competition when we win the league cup.

Would of preferred finishing 2nd in the 2nd string European competition and having a jolly in Barcelona.

There are three other routes to that which are all far more sensible.

There is absolutely nothing positive about this competition.

We still have a realistic opportunity to qualify for Europa League through the league or domestic cups, which would be much better areas to focus on than the Intertoto Conference.

I'd also rather finish 7th/8th in the league and miss out on Europa than finish 12th-15th and win this.

Winning this competition would do nothing for our reputation or finances. We'd be better off finishing higher in the league for the long term development of the club and attracting new players etc.

Surely winning this should be easier than winning the FA Cup or finishing 6th.

Worst case scenario in this competition is we have to beat Spurs over 2 legs or once in the final.

The league is another 22 games where all of the teams are probably better than, or as good as, anyone in this competition.

Winning the FA Cup will require us beating teams better than teams in this competition.

No way would this have been my priority at the start of the season, but winning this seems our most realistic way of achieving Europa League football for next season.

There's a lot of Scotland further north than Randers.

This competition shouldn't exist. Everyone at UEFA involved in thinking it up should be sacked immediately.

I don't care if we lose both legs 5-0 or win the whole thing. Should be totally ignored & make UEFA drop it.

****ing joke.

You’ve missed the trick UEFA have pulled here. By inventing this competition they have made the Europa league infinitely more prestigious/desirable/acceptable.

Why shouldn't it exist? If you're argument is that European competition should only be for champions, then we shouldn't have been in the UEFA Cup either.

I like seeing us win things - in my lifetime we've won the Premier League, the FA Cup, two league cups, the second division twice, League One, even the Charity Shield. Winning all of these was definitely brilliant. Was winning the Premier better than winning League One? Sure, but we weren't playing in that at the time. We're playing in the new UEFA Conference thing, and I want our name to be the first on that cup.

Why shouldn't it exist? If you're argument is that European competition should only be for champions, then we shouldn't have been in the UEFA Cup either.

I like seeing us win things - in my lifetime we've won the Premier League, the FA Cup, two league cups, the second division twice, League One, even the Charity Shield. Winning all of these was definitely brilliant. Was winning the Premier better than winning League One? Sure, but we weren't playing in that at the time. We're playing in the new UEFA Conference thing, and I want our name to be the first on that cup.
Despite my last post I agree with this. Let’s try and win the thing and get our names on it, and qualify for EL at the same time.

This competition shouldn't exist. Everyone at UEFA involved in thinking it up should be sacked immediately.

I don't care if we lose both legs 5-0 or win the whole thing. Should be totally ignored & make UEFA drop it.

****ing joke.
For clubs like ours from prestigious leagues it isn't important, but to many of the team's involved this is a good way for them to develop and improve their profile in Europe, and a great opportunity for the fans to follow their team.

There was a time, not so long ago that we would have loved a European tour in this competition. Sure it's disappointing that we have ended up in it now, but a chance to play Leicester City will massive to many of the fans of our opponents.

Winning this competition will be one of those pub questions "who was the 1st team to ever win the European Conference league ?"

A: Randers. (Probably)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670