Conference League Play Off Draw - Randers FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a pretty long way from Copenhagen.

You could stop at the original LEGOLAND on the way though.

I did Friday night in Copenhagen and Saturday in Malmo for my 30th over the Oresund bridge. Pretty doable... though you end up with a lot of coins from the two currencies and neither are particularly cheap places to go on the lash

Also, Snus.....weird teabags of tobacco you put under your lip

Malmo is 30 mins on the train from Copenhagen but Randers is about 4hrs away so not quite so feasible.

Most of the really cheap flights have gone already though as you could have done a one night Thursday - Friday for about £50 when the draw was first done.

I did Friday night in Copenhagen and Saturday in Malmo for my 30th over the Oresund bridge. Pretty doable... though you end up with a lot of coins from the two currencies and neither are particularly cheap places to go on the lash

Also, Snus.....weird teabags of tobacco you put under your lip

I meant a long way from Randers though

I'm at Kew Gardens at the moment. Royal Albert Hall tonight. Cov at the weekend...
**** me, Jeff. That's the wrong side of Watling Street !!

Why shouldn't it exist? If you're argument is that European competition should only be for champions, then we shouldn't have been in the UEFA Cup either.

I like seeing us win things - in my lifetime we've won the Premier League, the FA Cup, two league cups, the second division twice, League One, even the Charity Shield. Winning all of these was definitely brilliant. Was winning the Premier better than winning League One? Sure, but we weren't playing in that at the time. We're playing in the new UEFA Conference thing, and I want our name to be the first on that cup.
I never said European competition should only be for champions. I said the Champions League should.

The expansion of the CL to include teams that finished 20+ points off winning their leagues cheapens it & by extension cheapens the formerly good quality 2nd tier competition even further. Down to a level where we've seen bigger teams rotate to the point of ignoring it almost completely. Adding a 3rd tier verges on the ****ing ridiculous.

Sorry but I like quality. This shit smacks of the "participation trophy" mentality of just giving everyone a go.

I grew up in an era of every competition being worthwhile winning.

Full strength sides in the League Cup. Shit like that.

Thats what sport ought to be about. No point in my mind to a competition nobody wants to win & would rather not play in.

I never said European competition should only be for champions. I said the Champions League should.

Well this would take away Man U 1999 victory...and they wouldn't have played Bayern Munich either

In fact, Forest wouldn't have won a second European cup either....

Well this would take away Man U 1999 victory...and they wouldn't have played Bayern Munich either

In fact, Forest wouldn't have won a second European cup either....
All positives for me.

Although to be honest the winners qualifying to defend it the next year never bothered me at the time.

Probably because it made it possible for me to watch English teams play each other in europe, which was obviously a lot rarer occurence in those far off days.
It worked too as Forest had to get past Liverpool to win their second EC. Pissed me off mightily too. I avoided knowing the score of both legs so I could watch the highlights. Wouldn't bother me now as I hate both clubs but back then it was a nightmare watching Forest win as we languished in the nether reaches.

All positives for me.

Although to be honest the winners qualifying to defend it the next year never bothered me at the time.

Probably because it made it possible for me to watch English teams play each other in europe, which was obviously a lot rarer occurence in those far off days.
It worked too as Forest had to get past Liverpool to win their second EC. Pissed me off mightily too. I avoided knowing the score of both legs so I could watch the highlights. Wouldn't bother me now as I hate both clubs but back then it was a nightmare watching Forest win as we languished in the nether reaches.
Weird how things change. If I’d been alive I surely would have wanted Forest to lose back then but now I’d take them winning everything in sight over watching any of the Super League ****s lift trophy after trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669