connecting laptop to xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the PS3 the latest software update (1.8) enables you to share media from your laptop without the need for any wires. Its great stuff, just connects through your wireless internet network. Basically any movies/music/pictues saved on my laptop can be opened up on my PS3. Meaning last night we got to watch The Hurt Locker on the big screen, rather than the little poxy laptop.

Not sure if the Xbox has this ?

On the PS3 the latest software update (1.8) enables you to share media from your laptop without the need for any wires. Its great stuff, just connects through your wireless internet network. Basically any movies/music/pictues saved on my laptop can be opened up on my PS3. Meaning last night we got to watch The Hurt Locker on the big screen, rather than the little poxy laptop.

Not sure if the Xbox has this ?

The Xbox as with the PS3 has been doing it for years.

I have managed to connect my laptop to the TV, thanks to all this helpful advice. However I now find it difficult to use on the train.

Any tips?

I have managed to connect my laptop to the TV, thanks to all this helpful advice. However I now find it difficult to use on the train.

Any tips?

Go to your nearest betting shop and put a pound on each Premier League game ending in a draw. That should put things in perspective.

Any tips?

Heathrow Express.

Go to your nearest betting shop and put a pound on each Premier League game ending in a draw. That should put things in perspective.

You haven't been listening, have you? An essential aspect of the unbeatable system is that you have to put a pound on each Premier League team to draw, not on each game to finish in a draw.

I'll get Joe_ to PM you the spreadsheet.

The Xbox as with the PS3 has been doing it for years.

Out of interest Duzz, I have the following setup:

Xbox plugged into Sky netgear router with cable
Laptop connected to router via wireless.

When I try to use Media Extender or whatever it is called I can find the video and music files on my laptop but it is as slow as all get out to load the library, screenshots, album art etc. Is this normal or because my laptop is connected via wireless?

Out of interest Duzz, I have the following setup:

Xbox plugged into Sky netgear router with cable
Laptop connected to router via wireless.

When I try to use Media Extender or whatever it is called I can find the video and music files on my laptop but it is as slow as all get out to load the library, screenshots, album art etc. Is this normal or because my laptop is connected via wireless?

Not quite sure what that says Dave. You can play files but they are slow?

Not quite sure what that says Dave. You can play files but they are slow?

Not really, the files play fine.

When you connect to the media extender (I now realise called Media Center) on the Xbox it brings up the blue screen as below:

xbox1.jpg

When I scroll to My Music for instance it displays something similar to (amazon fix)

xbox360.jpg

The album art bits and the artist titles etc take ages to load, I'm talking maybe 5 minutes before the entire lot is loaded so that I can scroll through them.

Last edited:
Not really, the files play fine.

When you connect to the media extender (I now realise called Media Center) on the Xbox it brings up the blue screen as below:

xbox1.jpg

When I scroll to My Music for instance it displays something similar to (amazon fix)

xbox360.jpg

The album art bits and the artist titles etc take ages to load, I'm talking maybe 5 minutes before the entire lot is loaded so that I can scroll through them.

Ah gotcha. Mine don't load instantly but they don't take 5 minutes. Might be a slow router maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363