Connolly to be sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

I've just read "on another forum" :icon_roll various rumours that we are about to sell David Connolly :eek:, and maybe even Steven Hughes as well :eek: :eek:, to the same club (with Southampton mentioned as one possibility).

OK, it's probably (and hopefully) complete and utter tosh, but if you want to read it for yourselves, go here and here.

I wonder if our crazy moto velo friend can enlighten us? :102: ..... over to you, MB! :icon_cool

Rayvon

the mere fact that it is on foxtalk raises somewhat questionable doubt.

call me a cynic :102:

Xantha

Hmmm which two players didn't play against Celtic that we perhaps might have expected to if they were fit? Was it Connolly and Hughes?

Did someone read the article on the OS about Levein thinking that Dublin & De Vries had the makings of a good partnership and that Williams was perhaps the most skillful player we have?

Did someone add 2 + 2 and come up with 10? I think so.

I'd be extremely suprised if we sold them

Joe_Fox

Oh, it was on foxestalk - must be true then, I mean, it's not like a story from someone who can't control the speed at which the sauce comes out of those 'stay-clean' capped bottles is going to be false is it?

Granite Fox

Well I hope it is false, but funnier things have happened.

If Levein was to get good money for the pair of them (and the Saints now have a few quid) and he knows a few players he could buy with the money - well who knows?

Dublin also said in a Scottish paper that Hughes was out as a result of a Weso tackle in training, so no mystery to his injury.

Last edited:

Steven

Granite Fox said:
Well I hope it is false, but funier things have happened.

If Levein was to get good money for the pair of them (and the Saints now have a few quid) and he knows a few players he could buy with the money - well who knows?

Dublin also said in a Scottish paper that Hughes was out as a result of a Weso tackle in training, so no mystery to his injury.

I think the Hughes one is tosh as those who were in Norway can confirm he is injured.

Connolly is another matter. If he has opened his mouth and whined then I think he will be on his way out. ;)

Joe_Fox

Granite Fox said:
Well I hope it is false, but funier things have happened.

I don't think funny is the word really (or 'funier' for that matter).

If Hughes or Connolly (or both) go then we will have lost two of our best players - not ideal preperation to a season and also not the best way to attract new players to the club.

Time will tell, as it always does.

Granite Fox

I meant funny peculiar not funny ha ha!

I hope it doesn't happen too (and I wouldn't expect both to go), but if it does then Levein will have his reasons and must feel it provides an opportunity to make the squad stronger.

LS6_Fox

I can't see this happening, just another rumour to spice things up methinks, fortunately we don't stoop so low on here...

I did hear some very interesting news from a friend of a friend that we are signing Wayne Bridge on loan :eek: Sorry I'm bored.

highland fox

I'd imagine Connolly wasn't risked against Celtic because if he gets injured we are fecked at the moment.

Joe_Fox

highland fox said:
I'd imagine Connolly wasn't risked against Celtic because if he gets injured we are fecked at the moment.

What! Even with Goal Machine De Vries in our midst!

Scodger Cubs

Why would they want to go to Southampton??

They've just been relegated to our league and IMO we're in a better position than them. They're still sorting out their team with players like Crouch (£8m you're haing a laugh!:081: ) whereas we're still bringing in more Scots or Aussies.

We're looking up, they're still unsure of what they're looking at

beaumontfox

the way Levein spoke about Hughes at the Player of the Year do i would think he'd chain him to the changing rooms himself!

so did whoever post it have a source or is it just another person who has nothing to do apart from make thinngs up?

Steven

From the OS. ;)

He added: "David Connolly and Stephen Hughes missed the Celtic game through minor knocks, but at the moment I think they will both be ok for the Inter Milan match on Monday.

SilverFox

May I just say what a load of crap this thread is! If you believe such riduculous rumours then you are more stupid than the eejit that invented it!

I have been assured that we do not have to sell anyone we don't want to, and know that both David COnnolly and Hughesy are in Leveins plans for this season!

Tarzan

dont let it happen otherwise whos going to get the goals. especially if MDV has a season like last year.

beaumontfox

SilverFox said:
May I just say what a load of crap this thread is! If you believe such riduculous rumours then you are more stupid than the eejit that invented it!

I have been assured that we do not have to sell anyone we don't want to, and know that both David COnnolly and Hughesy are in Leveins plans for this season!

i didn't believe them....:)

step

A few weeks ago, on the other site, there was a rumor that the saints where interested in hughes or williams. This was confirmed by MB and he added that as both players where so similar he though it was possible one could be sold on.

Is CL's comment, "that he did not realise how good a player williams was", an indication that hughsey is the one to go, and not williams as everyone prefered

I hope not.

Connely, can be replaced. but Hughsey has talent and we should hang on to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669