Consolation for Mr Cameron Mr Miliband and Mr Clegg

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gwilliam

I have long believed that Mr Cameron, Mr Miliband and Mr Clegg are avid followers of this forum - perhaps even posting under an assumed name. I hope events in Leicester in the next few days will be some consolation to them.

Fifteenth century losers had a rough time. When Richard III was eight his father was killed in battle and his elder brother was murdered. Both their heads were placed on the gates of York. When Richard III was nineteen two of his uncles * were killed in a battle at Barnet and shortly after a cousin* Edward of Westminster was killed in another battle at Tewkesbury. Later that year a further uncle was murdered in the Tower of London. When he was twenty six an elder brother George was executed . All this without mentioning his nephews in the Tower. Richard himself was killed in battle at the age of thirty two.

People claim that Mr Ed Miliband stabbed his brother in the back. They do not mean this in the sense that 15th century people would have meant it.

It is probable that at least one of the current leaders will fail in May - Mr Clegg may well lose his Sheffield seat. It is unlikely his head will be stuck in a prominent Sheffield landmark. It is also unlikely that he will be drowned in malmsey wine which was the supposed fate of Richard's elder brother George. Mr Clegg will not spend any time under a car park. Instead he will get a large pension and write a book. A little way down the line he will be offered a job where he will be paid a lavish salary in that care home for political losers the European Union.

* Pedants will complain that I have used the words "uncle" and "cousin" in the loose way they used at the time; rather than get into details of "twice removed".

OldGit

I have long believed that Mr Cameron, Mr Miliband and Mr Clegg are avid followers of this forum - perhaps even posting under an assumed name.

Dan. Rumbled. How did you work out I was all three?

spionfox

* Pedants will complain that I have used the words "uncle" and "cousin" in the loose way they used at the time; rather than get into details of "twice removed".

There are no pedants on this forum David :icon_wink

RHYDAL

True pedants would point out that the trio are entitled to be referred to as 'The Right Honourable' or 'Rt. Hon.' as members of the privy council. Moe, Larry and Curley would also be acceptable.

East Anglia Fox

Mr Clegg will not spend any time under a car park. Instead he will get a large pension and write a book. A little way down the line he will be offered a job where he will be paid a lavish salary in that care home for political losers the European Union.

Sobering stuff, that. Even if Clegg ends up as a political "loser" he will continue to have a lifestyle that most ordinary people can only dream of.

Last edited:

jb5000

Sobering stuff, that. Even if Clegg ends up as a political "loser" he will continue to have a lifestyle that most ordinary people can only dream of.
Like the other two party leaders, he was born into money and wouldn't need to work to enjoy just such a lifestyle - eu or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669