Corfu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only been Zante once and it was quite small then (1991), but Corfu has always been a bugger. They used to wait until they had several flights in and then unload the luggage consequently it was mayhem in the luggage reclaim, and it was always v.v. busy in the summer. Its a few years since I last went so it may be better now.

I haven't been to Zante for about 5 years but they could only hold 6 planes on the ground at any one time so all planes are subject to big delays (we got a nice letter explaining this when we got to airport to fly out there) and when you landed there was only one carousel (sp?) so people were stood about 3 deep all the way round trying to find their bag, one rep just opened the side doors and let a whole plane load raid the trolleys to find their own bags

On the way back you queued in the sun for about an hour to get inside to check in then went back outside for another hour to queue to go through to the gate as there wasn't enough room inside the airport for everyone so they just made queues take a long time so you had be outside

No lies from me, sir - how very dare you

I went up to see her a few months later in Cleethorpes

Romantic devil that I was (am), I took her to see us play Grimsby Town (where I think we won about 3-0 ?)

Needless to say it didn't last......

Where abouts in Cleethorpes did she live, and was she left handed.

So basically none of you have been to corfu recently?

I'm very close to booking a holiday but just wanted some reassurance that Sidari isn't a hell hole. I'm also after reviews on other resorts.

So basically none of you have been to corfu recently?

I'm very close to booking a holiday but just wanted some reassurance that Sidari isn't a hell hole. I'm also after reviews on other resorts.
My mate went to Sidari, says he'll never go again.

TBH, I think was more to do with the natives and high levels of crime that put him off, can't recall it being anything to do with physical side of the place. Although he did complain that the beach was too small, and it stunk of shit.

Cheers melts, one more con in the pros and cons list (actually, that sounds like a description of Sidari - the Pro's and con's of Sidari - Pro's -pro's con's cons......what am I on about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46