Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be OK, we are in a very fortunate position where we don't owe any money, we own our home outright, our cars are paid for, the kids are all grown and moved out and my wife is still employed.

As for the health thing, I'm covered under my wife's so that's OK. One thing that this is really highlighting is the shit show that health coverage really is in the US but despite the obvious problems that this is showing up I can't see things changing. It's too divisive of a subject for any bipartisan solution to be found.

Strange, I went through braggy yesterday on the bike as part of a longer loop and I thought it was quiet. Mostly individuals or small families.
People weren't complaining that Bradgate Park was overly busy (though people shouldn't be driving to it, which means only Newton Linford people might be there). The rangers were calling the police because people were climbing over the ruin walls, letting their dogs chase deers and generally being ****s.

People weren't complaining that Bradgate Park was overly busy (though people shouldn't be driving to it, which means only Newton Linford people might be there). The rangers were calling the police because people were climbing over the ruin walls, letting their dogs chase deers and generally being ****s.

So nothing new then?

The general public are selfish, brainless ****tards.

I'm getting into the swing of it now. Been very productive the last few days and don't miss the office one bit as things stand.

Been getting out on the bike every day has helped.

Also putting more time into shit like cooking means meals don't feel a chore after getting home from work.

Plus I'm in the garden nearly all day when it's like today.

Hope they dont get complacent and let everyone go back outside ;)

I'm getting into the swing of it now. Been very productive the last few days and don't miss the office one bit as things stand.

Also putting more time into shit like cooking means meals don't feel a chore after getting home from work.

I worked from home for 2 years as my wife had a couple of operations on her hip. Despite having 1 kid at school and 1 toddler still in the house I got much more work done than in the office. It's amazing how much companies pay in rent and rates because they can't trust their staff. Always been of the opinion that an office could be much smaller and used a day or so a week by individual teams and meetings. Let people have easier lives and not wreck the environment driving pointless miles.

I’m working from home for the time being. But I’m also a key worker so have the option of going to the office if I wanted to, but not much point seeing as my team are all working from home.

Hopefully this period will prove that going into the office every day is an age old tradition that needs to end. I’m much more productive from home without people distracting me so much, and I’m working during the times I would be commuting.

I'm working from home now.

Still didn't stop me being 35mins late for work today though!

Haha I'm always late. Less so now i work from home but my office is a 3 minute drive away

I’m working from home and there’s no special reason why our company couldn’t do it full time. However, I like going to the office and I like the people I work with (mix of family and friends), so I will be looking to go back to the office when the restrictions are removed.

Haha I'm always late. Less so now i work from home but my office is a 3 minute drive away
Me too but never when I have literally just had to turn a laptop on!

Genuinely turned it on 35 mins late today as my mobile died, so no alarm and I hadn't changed the clock next to my bed (I'm pro-active so ready for then going back again in 6 months), so rolled into the spare room at what I thought was 8:35 and being a good boy working early only to pick up my work phone to a message from my new boss why I'm 5 mins late for our meeting or been online yet!

Also agree on the general working from home opinion on here.

My boss used to be based in Slough so I just worked from home when I couldn't be bothered to de ice the car etc and I'd always get more done at home even with a cheeky hit on the bong or putting some washing on etc.

Sometimes I would only go into the office for the social and I didn't have much on as there are some tidy milfs there to be fair.

I’m working from home but have a couple of Teams video calls to other home working colleagues a couple of times each day. I actually look forward to going in to school once a week to change the backup tapes.

Twat!!

Every part of this makes sense to me. Especially the cooking. I still live in central Leicester and the market has been exceptional. They’re massively scaled down now and there is no fish counter but it would be great if I could hang on to a few more days wfh.
Not sure what the impact on town centres would be regarding business lunches, quick shops or lunchtime browsing though.
Is the age of the city coming to a close?

Every part of this makes sense to me. Especially the cooking. I still live in central Leicester and the market has been exceptional. They’re massively scaled down now and there is no fish counter but it would be great if I could hang on to a few more days wfh.
Not sure what the impact on town centres would be regarding business lunches, quick shops or lunchtime browsing though.
Is the age of the city coming to a close?
Have they got any bats or pangolins up the market? Melton hasn’t had any. Can’t get me hands on a nice live fresh bat for love nor money.

Have they got any bats or pangolins up the market? Melton hasn’t had any. Can’t get me hands on a nice live fresh bat for love nor money.

We've got loads of them in my garden at the moment. I could come out of this very rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669