Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports on French tele of the AZ vaccine and 'coagulation' (blood clots??) 3 countries have suspended using it. No reports of the vaccine being causal (coagulation happens in the non-vacinated) Obviously hope there is no link but the vaccine reluctant/wary see it as reason to maintain their stance.

We've not been jabbed in this household nor is it foreseeable but that's because there is no immediate need, and there are those more at risk, rather than an anti-vax beliefs.

30 cases out of 5 million vaccinated is not what I would call cause for concern.
I tend to agree but those 3 countries (Denmark, Finland and Iceland??) are being cautious. And 3 other countries are, um, doing something else?? (Sorry, I only heard it on TV, I've not read anything) Note that France, despite its AZ concerns, is not amongst those countries.

There are a number of front line workers here that are refusing to be vaccinated, leading to suggestions of it being made compulsory. As ppf suggests, anything that (further) questions vaccination is fueling concerns and adding more uncertainty.

Time to start hacking chips and implanting thoughts in peoples heads!

Just to remind you that one dose of the vaccine does not mean you won't get covid and doesn't mean you can't pass it onto other people

The amount of ****s my other half is dealing with at work who seem to think that one dose of the vaccine means they can do what they want is ****ing painful.

If someone asks you to abide by a workplace rule then please don;t respond with some variation of 'it's okay I've had the vaccine'

I'm due for my second dose in about ten days time. I'll still be wearing a mask and keeping my distance as best I can. What it does mean is that I can go and do some stuff that I haven't felt OK doing for quite a while, like getting my haircut, I look like I belong in the 70's at the moment.

Reports on French tele of the AZ vaccine and 'coagulation' (blood clots??) 3 countries have suspended using it. No reports of the vaccine being causal (coagulation happens in the non-vacinated) Obviously hope there is no link but the vaccine reluctant/wary see it as reason to maintain their stance.

We've not been jabbed in this household nor is it foreseeable but that's because there is no immediate need, and there are those more at risk, rather than an anti-vax beliefs.
Same here. 30 years old, not exactly a 'key worker' nor do I need to be in the office, with no medical issues. Can't see me getting a jab for a long time (if, in all honesty, they ever get to me)
#humblebrag

Just to remind you that one dose of the vaccine does not mean you won't get covid and doesn't mean you can't pass it onto other people
My neighbour told me yesterday that he was hoping to go to a car meet (Le Mans Classic) later this year - he'd had his jabs so he'd be okay. He's not alone in thinking like that I'm sure.

The world blew it a year ago. Everything needed to shutdown much quicker and much harder.

We didn't so now we're stuck with Covid for the foreseeable. If it's a naturally occurring virus, it should eventually weaken. So the important thing is to adapt to living with it.

We'll evolve into a society of two jabs a year (hopefully down to one at some point) for everyone and then get on with it. Life will be a bit riskier.

So now it's all about logistics. We need the volume of vaccines and the delivery infrastructure in place.

We're now almost at the point where half the population are vaccinated and half aren't. That doesn't half the risk. Kids going back to schools again now will circulate the virus widely once again.

Within a couple of months we'll know whether an increase in circulation leads to an unacceptable increase in serious illness and death. Or does this level of vaccination make us 'safe enough'?

Some of my family have been vaccinated and some haven't. Things like my daughter's school notifying us about two positive results this week tell me that half the country being vaccinated isn't enough for me to reduce my safety first approach.

If you have vaccinated older relatives itching to do more, they're fecking morons. It's now that time when you're not really unlucky if you're over 50 and get very ill, you're an idiot. You've pushed your luck. Having the vaccine doesn't prevent someone from getting Covid or spreading it.

I think there was a strong argument to have prioritised kids and working people for the vaccines. That way, by now, opening up would be safer and less likely to lead to another surge. Giving it to the older generations first has saved lives in the short term, but it's not clear whether it has in the medium to long term.

I think what I'm saying is that those lucky enough to have had the vaccine have a responsibility to those that haven't. Not for ever, but certainly for a while more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263