Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Careful, he'll call you invisible soon as some form of insult. Not one to have his nonsense called out.

Careful, he'll call you invisible soon as some form of insult. Not one to have his nonsense called out.
It isn’t nonsense just because some people have a different opinion to you.

Maybe, just maybe, if you came on here and actually posted some threads and contributed rather than the occasional visit just to be a troll, perhaps you might be taken more seriously and your ‘opinion’ valued?

Maybe, just maybe, if you came on here and actually posted some threads and contributed rather than the occasional visit just to be a troll, perhaps you might be taken more seriously and your ‘opinion’ valued?
In fairness, Matt has been on here over 15 years and has over 21000 posts, so he’s contributed a fair amount over time.

Well, the 30,000 clearly is. As is the whole "upset the GMTV" stuff about gender identity. It's the same kind of shit Roy Chubby Brown fans spout.

The incredible suppression of Ivermectin across all countries that are going full on for a vaccination approach has led me to question the 'official' line. Some of the scientific articles undermining it are laughably weak.

Its effect in parts of India, South America, Mexico, etc. is exceptional. I hope that it will become the primary prevention and treatment for Covid, including long Covid effects. Oxford University are finally studying it but only its treatment value and only at a very limited level.

I sort of get why discussion about it has been suppressed. If people realised that there was an alternative to vaccination, fewer would choose to get vaccinated. Which totally fecks up the entire government policy and the vast amounts committed. And before I get tagged as a weirdo, I have chosen to get vaccinated and would recommend every adult does.

However in the UK, we're starting to see a drop off in vaccination numbers now. We're not far from the maximum we're going to get. Holding off on the obvious next step just seems really dumb. We could halt this Delta variant in weeks if we gave all young people Ivermectin now. It's easily obtained, cheap and very safe for almost everyone. It's been around for decades and is much safer and probably more effective than vaccinating kids.

That's our way out of all this and to normality (unless the next variant is even worse). The fact that it is so infrequently discussed though freaks me out. We're allowing people to get ill and die that don't need to. The reason people drift into the world of conspiracy theories is because they see this sort of shit happening and then wonder what else we're being guided to think / not think.

The same thing happened with the lab leak theory. It was immediately talked down and dismissed by governments and media and this persisted for ages. Only now are we seeing officials beginning to revise their original accounts. There is absolutely no evidence that's been found that this disease emerged naturally. It originated in a place that develops these things in labs and it doesn't act naturally. So it's not really conspiracy theory to suggest it could be from a lab but that's how it has been portrayed since the outset.

So an incorrect flu stat or anyone picking up odd theories is to be expected really. If what we get told is so obviously not the whole story, people will turn to alternate opinions. More than any other issue in my lifetime, the way we've been 'managed' through Covid has really made me question what I see, hear and read.

The incredible suppression of Ivermectin across all countries that are going full on for a vaccination approach has led me to question the 'official' line. Some of the scientific articles undermining it are laughably weak.

Its effect in parts of India, South America, Mexico, etc. is exceptional. I hope that it will become the primary prevention and treatment for Covid, including long Covid effects. Oxford University are finally studying it but only its treatment value and only at a very limited level.

I sort of get why discussion about it has been suppressed. If people realised that there was an alternative to vaccination, fewer would choose to get vaccinated. Which totally fecks up the entire government policy and the vast amounts committed. And before I get tagged as a weirdo, I have chosen to get vaccinated and would recommend every adult does.

However in the UK, we're starting to see a drop off in vaccination numbers now. We're not far from the maximum we're going to get. Holding off on the obvious next step just seems really dumb. We could halt this Delta variant in weeks if we gave all young people Ivermectin now. It's easily obtained, cheap and very safe for almost everyone. It's been around for decades and is much safer and probably more effective than vaccinating kids.

That's our way out of all this and to normality (unless the next variant is even worse). The fact that it is so infrequently discussed though freaks me out. We're allowing people to get ill and die that don't need to. The reason people drift into the world of conspiracy theories is because they see this sort of shit happening and then wonder what else we're being guided to think / not think.

The same thing happened with the lab leak theory. It was immediately talked down and dismissed by governments and media and this persisted for ages. Only now are we seeing officials beginning to revise their original accounts. There is absolutely no evidence that's been found that this disease emerged naturally. It originated in a place that develops these things in labs and it doesn't act naturally. So it's not really conspiracy theory to suggest it could be from a lab but that's how it has been portrayed since the outset.

So an incorrect flu stat or anyone picking up odd theories is to be expected really. If what we get told is so obviously not the whole story, people will turn to alternate opinions. More than any other issue in my lifetime, the way we've been 'managed' through Covid has really made me question what I see, hear and read.
My understanding of ivermectin is that the doses needed to have an effect on the Covid virus are considerably higher than the generally considered safe dose levels.

Still quite controversial, I think. It is interesting that so many reports of its efficacy against Covid have been described as having "gone viral", because that is precisely what the drug is alleged to have done.

It is difficult to see why it should be effective against viruses. Its main clinical use is against invertebrate parasites where it acts by opening ion channels in membranes, impairing ion homeostasis, mostly due to chloride flux. Hard to see how that would work on anything less than highly compartmentalised eukaryotic cells. If its effective on viruses it must have a very different mechanism.

Still quite controversial, I think. It is interesting that so many reports of its efficacy against Covid have been described as having "gone viral", because that is precisely what the drug is alleged to have done.

It is difficult to see why it should be effective against viruses. Its main clinical use is against invertebrate parasites where it acts by opening ion channels in membranes, impairing ion homeostasis, mostly due to chloride flux. Hard to see how that would work on anything less than highly compartmentalised eukaryotic cells. If its effective on viruses it must have a very different mechanism.
TB is far more highbrow than it acts. Very interesting thanks, Hector.

If what we get told is so obviously not the whole story, people will turn to alternate opinions.
Yup, true in many walks of life. Press releases (e.g. from a football club) rarely answer all of the questions and so naturally people fill in the gaps with whatever makes sense to them. I don't suggest a solution nor am I being critical, just commenting on the is-ness of it.

Very interesting and informative thanks. However, this is exactly what I mean. Where is the discussion? Where is the debate? The bits I've been able to read about it say that usage has evolved the years onto a number of non-parasitic conditions and numerous studies have shown its effectiveness against Covid.

numerous studies have shown its effectiveness against Covid.

There were lots of "studies" that showed various treatments worked, but they were mostly badly run, biased, and relied more on anecdotal evidence than actual hard data. Most of them have been debunked following proper research.

Looking at Ivermectin specifically, there's a summary here of various trials.

Very interesting and informative thanks. However, this is exactly what I mean. Where is the discussion? Where is the debate? The bits I've been able to read about it say that usage has evolved the years onto a number of non-parasitic conditions and numerous studies have shown its effectiveness against Covid.
There probably have been discussions within the medical sphere, but I don't really see why the public would need to be involved in them. I blame the 24 hour news cycle, but we seem to have more "information" than ever rammed down our throats without any actual information. You see the same stuff but less important on transfer deadline day. It's the same stuff rehashed as news throughout the day to keep it interesting. We're seeing the same thing with Covid - nothing new but endless repeats of the same stuff all day - and I think it leaves people demanding to be told more and more.

Transparency is important, but there's no profit in giving the wider public access to every test, trial and results. All it leads to is Twitter "experts" chiming in with their interpretation of the results which then spreads more conspiracy theories and other nonsense.

To link it back to football, fans now kick off and moan when their club isn't constantly linked to players or that they don't get told every step of the process, regardless of whether players are actually signed. Conversations are always being had in the background but relaying all of that to fans would be pointless, but it annoys them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263